14 month have never had a solid poo Arriesta 2 kids; Kelowna, British Columbia 413 posts
28th Feb '10

Ok so ever since Nick was born he has had sever colic, lactose issues with my breast milk, ect. We ended up having to put him on fomula that already had broken down enzimes, it was the only thing he could keep down. Now.... one year later we are still having issues. He has never a solid poo.....ever.

At least once a week he has really bad diaheria. He doesn't look like he is in pain or anything now but I find its a big pain when he poos so much it leaks out of his diaper.

Has anyone every had issues with there kids like this? What are you opinions?
Help!

Happy Ipster Washington, D.C., District of Columbia 22228 posts
28th Feb '10

I really hope you've brought this up to your doc....something is very wrong with his g/i system!

Arriesta 2 kids; Kelowna, British Columbia 413 posts
28th Feb '10

His doc doesn't seem overly concerned, she says we can review it again in a month. I'm sick of waiting I want to know what other moms have done in this situation.

Mostmoms are on the ball better than docs these days

MommyIsMade! - *MJL* Ontario 7021 posts
28th Feb '10

It sounds similar to the little girl of a woman I know... She had to buy ridiculously expensive formula because it was the only thing her daughter didn't throw right back up...

Is he gaining weight properly?? I would def. mention it to his Dr. if you haven't already... Just to make sure he is absorbing all the nutrients he needs to... If his poops are soft it's likely his body isn't 'sucking' everything out of his food like it should...

Good luck mama!
- Jess

28th Feb '10

See thats the funny thing, Nick is the 'perfect' weight. He has awesone structure which is why the doc isn't worried and taking her time. I'm just really frustrated

Nicholas&Alexis mommy 2 kids; Grants Pass, Oregon 2564 posts
1st Mar '10

my lo has never had a solid poop either it is usually really runny.. And we usually change about 5 poopie diapers a day.. And his name is Nick to lol, but he is 16 months.. how much does he weigh?

7th Mar '10

Nick was 24lbs at 12 months and now at 14lbs he is 23lbs.

We just got a bunch of blood work done, he has a sweat cloride test on Monday and stool samples. We have found out he is severly lactose intolerant which makes me feel sooo bad we didn't figure this out when he was born. He had sever colic for 5 months.

We don't have the results back yet but they are about 75% sure he has Celiac disease so he is gluten intolereant too!!! What a crappy diet for my poor little guy.

BabyDee78 Due June 20 (boy); 4 kids; Texas 368 posts
7th Mar '10
Quoting Arriesta:
Nicholas&Alexis mommy 2 kids; Grants Pass, Oregon 2564 posts
8th Mar '10
Quoting Arriesta:
TheNuge 1 child; Pennsylvania 23132 posts
8th Mar '10

What if you load him up with binding foods like bananas, rice and apple sauce and eliminate all foods that make poop looser?

TheNuge 1 child; Pennsylvania 23132 posts
8th Mar '10
Quoting Arriesta:
Michelle Chelley Arnold Japan 1 posts
29th Apr '13

My 25month was the same way, and so is my 6 month. My 25 month is allergic to soy wheat and dairy, my 6 month is allergic to, so far soy and dairy. The pediatrician put my son on nutramigen baby formula. Which is everything broken down to elemental. However, he still has runny stools. My daughter, my 25 month stopped having runny stools soon after we put her on lactose free milk at 14 months. She cannot eat any meats other than fish due to gluten and soy. Chicken, pigs and cows are all fed soybeans. She vomits them up within a couple hours of eating the meat. Fish is okay.