35, Poor & Pregnant adorkable Due November 17 (girl); Texas 1241 posts
20th Mar '10

I'm new to the forum and to be honest I'm here incognito being we're not officially telling people yet. Hopefully everything will go well and we can tell everyone soon.. *fingers crossed*

I always said I wouldn't have children after 35. (Funny enough my due date is roughly 7 days before my 36th birthday. haha)

My husband and I had been waiting until we were a little more financially stable but after some time decided to take the 'let nature take its course' approach using no BC. However after almost 10 years of marriage and no babies.. I think we'd both resolved it wasn't going to happen.

I was reading this book and it mentioned a disease of the ovaries and I had most if not all of the symptoms and though I'm not a hypocondriac we decided I should finally go to the OBGYN before our insurance was gone and check it out. You see we were having to cancel it to afford food. (Gr.) So I was in the clear BUT the doctor suggest BC & gave me a 3 month supply. I had never taken the pill and found when I did I had a lot of trouble with nausea. I switched to taking it nights and I was okay. So I took the 3 month supply, ran out and would have returned for my checkup but... NO INSURANCE. No biggy since I'd decided BC wasn't for me anyway. I didn't feel regulating my periods was worth risking blood clots, etc. and it had no other benefit for me.

So here I am waiting for my next period and find I have pregnancy symptoms instead. I thought there was a good chance it was just crazy hormones from my recovering from the pill. However this very morning I took two EPTs and both were positive. I should be roughly 6 weeks or so.

I'm excited since this may be my only chance to have a baby. I'm also VERY nervous about not having any insurance, having no money, having no room in our tiny space here and my husband's job is coming to an end due to layoffs. I don't work due to anxiety disorder.

Sorry for my blathering but I'm hoping there may be someone else here who can relate.

♕Cupcαke[Queen 1 child; 1 angel baby; Rhode Island 10468 posts
20th Mar '10

I don't have much advice for you or anything, but conrgratulations on the little bean and good luck! *Sticky dust!*

A&E 1 child; Memphis, Tennessee 21659 posts
20th Mar '10

Congratulations and good luck!

It will be a long hard road but plenty of people before you have done it.

I♥Em&Gugga 2 kids; Evansville, Indiana 27744 posts
20th Mar '10

Welcome to BG! You will find tons of helpful advice here. Also, congrats on the pregnancy!

♥Snooki♥ TTC since May 2010; 31 kids; Oklahoma 19860 posts
20th Mar '10

congrats! you can try apply for medicare.

Nichole+3girls 3 kids; Dayton, Ohio 31307 posts
20th Mar '10
Quoting adorkable:
DannyPete&MaggieKate's Ma 2 kids; Weymouth, Massachusetts 4325 posts
20th Mar '10
Quoting adorkable:
♥Snooki♥ TTC since May 2010; 31 kids; Oklahoma 19860 posts
20th Mar '10

oh ya i forget to tell you apply for wic.

Tyler & Kyle's Mom 2 kids; Bellevue, Nebraska 9597 posts
20th Mar '10
Quoting Nichole[7weeks]:
user banned 4 kids; Texas 18242 posts
20th Mar '10

2 words---social services. Get medicaid, WIC, Food Stamps, Unemployment when your hubby gets laid off, and disability if anxiety affects your ability to work.

Welcome, congrats, and good luck.

Oh, and what part of TX are you in?

Viktorya 3 kids; Michigan 40078 posts
20th Mar '10

All I know is, things always have a way of working out in the end. Good luck!

Rockin' Momma 2 kids; Paducah, ky, United States 7976 posts
20th Mar '10

Congratualtions on the pregnancy. Things will work out.

But- I think I would of cancelled my internet service before my insurance :?

user banned 4 kids; Texas 18242 posts
20th Mar '10
Quoting Logan & Miles Momma:
DannyPete&MaggieKate's Ma 2 kids; Weymouth, Massachusetts 4325 posts
20th Mar '10
Quoting Logan & Miles Momma:
Melaine ® 5 kids; Kansas City, Missouri 13831 posts
20th Mar '10

You can apply for medicaid and you and the baby would be covered. Good luck and congratulations on your pregnancy.