5 Month Old Throwing Up..? Kyra&Kayleigh ♥ 1 child; Hecker, Illinois 1204 posts
6th Apr '10

Kayleigh has thrown up 2 times today, and it was A LOT. She doesn't havea temp, and besides the 2 times she threw up, she's been smiling and happy. But, I'm still panicked... Should I call the doctor? What can I do to help her? My Mom told me to give her some juice...Should I do that? Or is breastmilk enough to keep her hydrated? Thanks, I'm a worried Momma today. =[

Jake's Momma 1 child; Charlotte, North Carolina 2454 posts
6th Apr '10
Quoting Kyra & Kayleigh ♥:
sarah+1 Due January 31; 1 child; Louisiana 3706 posts
6th Apr '10

It could be the beginning of an ear infection. My 10 month old did the exact same thing. She threw up every ounce of food she ate. She had gone to the doctor the day before to get her shots, and they didn't find anything wrong with her when they checked. The next day I took her to the doctor and she told me she had the beginning of an ear infection.

Most impt title - MOM Virginia 8756 posts
6th Apr '10

My advice is to continue to give her just BM, and moinitor her. There are a million and one reasons why an infant will throw up, some due to illness, others due to over eating, and others due to unknowns.

Kyra&Kayleigh ♥ 1 child; Hecker, Illinois 1204 posts
6th Apr '10

Well I finally got her to lay down and take a nap. So I guess I will just keep an eye on it. It just freaked me out when she threw up, because it was SO much. Thanks for the advice.

6th Apr '10
Kyra&Kayleigh ♥ 1 child; Hecker, Illinois 1204 posts
6th Apr '10
Quoting Christine - Mikey & Andy:
6th Apr '10
ReesieLove... 2 kids; Grand Prairie, Texas 2005 posts
6th Apr '10
Quoting Christine - Mikey & Andy: