Ok so for my first pregnancy my water broke first and when I got to the hospital I was 3cm dilated after 17hours of labor I only went up 4cm the nurse kept telling me to get an epidural because she think it will help out alot but I didnt get one. Everytime I would have contrations I would fight them so I dont know if that could of been a reason why I didnt dilate or if thats just me. So after 17hours my doctor came in and told me that she doesnt want to wait any longer because she doesnt want to end up that the babies heart rate is going down so that she would rather do a c section on me. I started crying and told her I didnt want one so she said she will give me an epidural and give me 1 hour to see if theres any change with me dilating but after I got the epidural she only waited like 10mins and took me in for a c section she didnt even check if I had any changes. Well now that I'm pregnant again and I'm almost there I've been looking for a VBAC friendly I've been to 3 doctors and they all told me I cant have a VBAC but today I visited a doctor that does VABCs and he told me that what makes me think I am going to dilate this time if I didnt dilate the first time. So now if all those doctors I have been seen by have told me the same thing it makes me think my only option is to have another c section.... What do you ladies think?
Also whenI went to the doctors today for my first visit with him hes the first doctor Ive been to that supports VBACS and so we talked about it and he says yes he has done many VBACs but that he doesnt recommend me to have one because of the fact that I didnt dilate with my first baby that most likely I wont dilate again... So he was telling me all this stuff and then when I asked him if I can think about it he tells me he wont do a VBAC on me that because I am too high risk. And that if I did want a VBAC is will think about it but it has to be at this other hospital that is way father away and $700. fee... So now I dont know what to do... Every doctor I've been to has told me I cant have a VBAC because I didnt dilate with my first pregnancy... What should I do now? Help please!
with my first, it took me 3 days and help from a foley bulb to get to 6cm. then i didnt get any further and my contractions were pretty much back to back so i had a c section. with my son, i had a repeat at 37 weeks because i dilated to 1cm and the docs didnt want to risk me dilating any further and having a vbac, and this time i wanted a vbac but cant find a doc that will do it. plus my last c section was a year ago so i dont even think i qualify. im 1cm and 33 weeks based on measurments, but 35 weeks based on my LMP. either way, the docs wont do the c section this early which is good but ive been contracting every 2 minutes for over a week now and they havent changed my cervix at all. so unfortunately, ill probably be stuck with another c section. i totally understand how you feel. i wish i had some advice but i dont. i just thought id tell you my story and let you know that you are very much not alone. maybe we will both get lucky and things will go our way! PT me and we can keep each other updated! btw, how far along are you?
I didnt have that problem but a friend of mine did. She wouldn't dilate with her first so they did a c-section. Less than 2 years later she had her second baby and had a successful vbac.
you're due may 27th and im due may 26th, and we're both having girls, and were both Libras! my birth day is October 19th. what's yours?
ok, if this was ME. I would just wait it out. Baby can't stay in there forever. Lots of sex if you feel up to it, a mans semen is suppose to help. I did this for my daughter, I used evening primose oil capsules and you have to insert them in your vagina, I know gross. This helps to soften the cervix and help getting you to dilate when your body is ready. Lots of really warm, not too hot baths. Walking helps to open you up some too.
I'm so excited, I am praying you have a successful VBAC. When ever I do get preggo again, i'm going to try for one too. Have faith mama, think positive thoughts. Take care and RELAX, it WILL happen. Like I said, she can't stay in there forever, she's not done baking yet. Let her plump up some more.
Quoting ~My Boobie Baby~:
Quoting Mary J. Rodriguez:“ Is it over the counter do you know how much it costs?”
over the counter, usually 5-10 bucks.
I called cvs and they had no idea what I was talking about so they said they doubt they have it and then I called walgreens and they were also confused and said no they dont have it. That suck!
Quoting Mary J. Rodriguez:
Quoting Mary J. Rodriguez:“ I called cvs and they had no idea what I was talking about so they said they doubt they have it and then I called walgreens and they were also confused and said no they dont have it. That suck!”
calling isn't the best idea. the employees aren't always going to know what you're talking about. it's best to just go there and look. usually, the vitamins are in alphabetical order. just look for the E's and im sure you'll find it. it's sold everywhere! even wal mart. just look in the vitamin section.