I am 35 weeks pregnant and i have been having very severe swelling with pitting edema in my feet and ankles that does not go away with hours of elevation/drinkings lots of water/laying on left side...nothing. Also the past few days my hands and face have also been swelling i have been seeing spots and floaters and i feel like i cant catch my breath. I went to the on wednesday and my BP was 178/110 and was not going down after 4 readings and two different nurses taking it. They sent me straight to the hospital where they monitored my BP for a few hours and it did go down, only spiking a few times. I had trace protein in my urine with no other infections (for the second time in two weeks) and my liver blood work was normal but my blood platelets were low. They gave me a 24 hour urine catch which i have already done and it came back with 563mg of protein so they decided not to induce because they usually dont induce unless its 1000mg or more. They told me i have a mild case of pre ecclampsia. I have a home BP monitor and my blood pressure varies. Now i have to do NST test 2x per week but i have to re-do my urine catch this sunday and bring it back monday and depending on the results mught be induced monday. Can anyone shares their Pre-E experiences with me or give me any advice...im very nervous and not sure what to expect!
i had pre-ecliampsia with amanda. it happened so fast. i started passing out in the end of april and continued til i delievered july 1st. I told my doctor everytime i went but my bp was always low and i never had protein in my urine until the day before i delievered. being induced wasnt so bad painful yes but to be honest with you if you have to be it is for hte best for your child. feel free to ask me any questions you have.
I had all the same things, and had to do all of the same stuff too. However, I was no fortunate enough to have a doctor that thought it ws necessary to induce. Be thankful they caught it and are monitoring you closely. I'm sure if you have to be induced the baby will be fine :)
I think my sister had pre-eclampsia with her son but the doctors never came out with it..her BP was up in the 150's for a week before they finally decided to induce her.
I'm actually more nervous about waiting around with pre-e than being induced. Ive heard that it can progress rapidly and get pretty dangerous so i feel like i would feel better if they would just induce me!
i had a small amount of protein in my urine at my 39 week appt--i did a 24 hour urine collection the next day and took it back to the office. the day after that i had a horrible headache which i never get; i went to my parents house for dinnerthat evening and my headache got worse so i had my mom take my BP--it was higher than normal but not horrible (140/90) its usually 100/50-60...she took it several times over the next 2 hours while i was laying on my side and it never went down. i called the hospital who paged my doctor-he called me back and told me to go in to get monitored. i was there for about an hour and a half and my BP had gone down, they drew labs and said my platelets were really low (70) but the nurse said i would probably just get put on bedrest until my appt a few days later. i start getting dressed waiting for my discharge papers and she came back and said "nevermind, its baby time...the doctor wants you induced right now"
this was at 8pm on a saturday lol...definitely caught me off guard!