Our two all time favorite Crock Pot meals are Pot Roast and Taco Soup.
3 Envelope Pot Roast
3 pound beef roast (such as chuck roast)
1 envelope of dry Italian salad dressing mix
1 envelope of dry ranch salad dressing mix
1 envelope of dry brown gravy mix
2 cups water
Mix the packets together with water and add the roast. Cook on high for 6-8 hours. I serve it with some kind of potato and veggies.
1 lb Hamburger
1 Onion, chopped
1 pkg. Taco Seasoning
1 can Diced Tomatoes
2 8-oz cans Tomato Sauce
1 can Kidney Beans
1 can Corn
1 cup Water
Brown hamburger and onion together. Add other ingredients. Cook in Crock Pot till warm/hot. Top individual servings with: Fritos, cheese and sour cream
Quoting EmmaGrace *IBTC*:
BUMP! add your recipes !!
right now im making this:
* 4-5 boneless chicken breasts
* 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans
* 1 (15 ounce) can corn
* 1 (15 ounce) jar salsa, any kind
* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 Take 4-5 frozen, yes, frozen, boneless chicken breasts put into crock pot.
2. Add 1 can of black beans, drained, 1 jar of salsa, 1 can of corn drained.
3. Keep in crock pot on high for about 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked.
4. Add 1 package of cream cheese (just throw it on top!) and let
sit for about 1/2 hour.
5. All done and enjoy!
sometimes i add cooked brown rice or quinoa to it. It super yummy to use a dip with tortilla chips too!
Quoting EmmaGrace *IBTC*:
MORE! ill add some tomorrow..
Creamy Italian Chicken Crockpot
What You Need:
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut into cubes
3 cloves garlic, minced ((i use garlic powder instead of cloves, it usually has on the back of the powder how many measurements equal a clove))
1 tablespoons freeze-dried chives ((i do not add these))
1 (0.7-ounce) package Italian dressing mix OR 1-1/2 tablespoons homemade mix
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 (10-ounce) container refrigerated four cheese Alfredo sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Cut the chicken into strips. (Throw into Crockpot)
2. Mix all ingredients into a different bowl, make sure it is well blended and make sure the butter is melted and the cream cheese is softened.
3. Pour ingredients into Crock Pot.. Cook on low for 6-8 Hours, stir & serve w/ pasta or rice.
I serve with rice it seems to be not as heavy. [= Enjoy, I'll edit & post of picture of it after I have finished cooking it tonight..
Quoting ♥ decembre:
I found this site awhile back with all sorts of crock pot recipes, and have used a few of them :)
last night I made this honey chicken one (used thighs), and added bbq sauce and chunky applesauce too (not sure on the measurements, lol), it was yummy!!
I've also made corned beef and potatoes/carrots too...but cut the recipe in half (my slow cooker is only 2.5 quarts) I just do any potato (cubed), some carrots and the corn beef with the seasoning packet it came with sprinkled on top.
Take a 16 oz bag of limas and soak overnight. Throw in the pot in the morning with two ham/smoked pork hocks. Cook on low all day (at least 6 hrs) until thick and bubbly. Remove hocks, extract and shred up meat, add back to beans mixed in. Cook for another few minutes.
Butter bread slices. Spread lima bean mixture over one or two slices of bread per person. Each person should s and p to taste. Serve with hunks of Extra Sharp cheddar.
Makes great leftovers, too! Should serve around 6.
anyone have a yummy apple cider recipe?
Slow Cooker Chicken Mole
(You can use Cocoa or Semi-Sweet cooking chocolate)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup currants
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, for garnish
- Place the onion, raisins, currants, garlic, chile powder, sesame seeds, cumin, cinnamon, cocoa powder, hot sauce, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and chicken broth into a slow cooker; stir to mix. Add the chicken breasts, and stir to cover with sauce. Cover and cook on Low 6 hours, then increase heat to High, and continue cooking until the chicken is tender, about 3 hours more. Or cook on Low for 11 to 12 hours. Once the chicken is tender, remove, shred, and stir it back into the mole. Serve sprinkled with slivered almonds.