35 weeks pregnant/top stomach pain?***UPDATE*** Christina Montes De Oca Due October 30; 2 kids; Illinois 40 posts
23rd Sep '10

I am almost 35 weeks pregnant (this sunday) with my 3rd child and I have been having this pain in the top upper right side of my stomach. It feels like my muscles are being pulled or stretched from the weight of the baby. It's almost like they are being torn or something, at least that is what it feels like! It feels better when I sit or lay down but it is really uncomfortable when I get up and walk around. I have to support my stomach at the bottom with my hands just so I can walk around without it hurting. Has this ever happened to anyone else? This has never happened with my other pregnancies and I don't know what to do about it.
Also I have been feeling nauseous this past week, and a lot of pelvic pressure, lack of sleep, baby moving a lot less, blurred vision and dizziness a lil bit, and loose stools the past week, etc...i have a doctor appointment on monday so i dont think it is sumthing to rush to the ER to, but it is a constant pain! Help and/or ideas?
:?

***UPDATE***: So I called my doc today and they squeezed me in for a checkup :) he put me on the baby monitor and saw that i was having contractions but very far apart so he said all was fine and to blame it all on Braxton Hicks! LOL! He also took out some blood to make sure everything is fine cause the pain in the top right could be a gallbladder infection and he wants to rule that out. He said my blood pressure is normal and im measuring good. He wanted to check my cervix since i was complaining about horrible pelvic pressure and told me that i was 2 cm dilated! I just saw him this past monday for my regular appt and he said my cervix was closed so to go today and be told i am already 2cm dilated, i was a bit surprised haha. I am not effaced but he did tell me that the baby dropped and is very low and to take it easy and drink lots of water :) I just turned 35 weeks this weekend so im hoping I at least make it to 36 weeks, when I really want to make it to 37 weeks, but I highly doubt it due to my previous pregnancies (my daughter was born at 37 weeks and my son was born at 36 weeks). So how long did u ladies go dilated and then go into labor? do tell me :)

Katie's Bees Virginia 15428 posts
23rd Sep '10

I'd be more concerned about the blurred vision and dizziness... that sound like pre-eclampsia.

As for the pain, I had it with my 3rd and 4th. It's likely just stretching and pulling from the weight of the baby. They make support belts.

The nausea and loose stools are pretty normal/common too at the end, your body is getting ready. :)

I'd call your dr in the am and tell them about it, maybe you can get in to see them tomorrow. If you hadn't mentioned the blurred vision and dizziness I wouldn't think much else about it, but you're better off being safe than sorry tomorrow so you don't end up in the ER over the weekend.

♀NoBoysAllowed 19 kids; San Diego, California 51862 posts
23rd Sep '10

Go to l&d. If it's your upper right, then it could be your liver.

ang_turtle+2.5 19 kids; Ohio 19590 posts
23rd Sep '10

if it concerns you that much go get it checked out go to l &d and ask a professional, and stop reposting the same questions you asked 2 hours ago

Emma and Chloe's Momma 2 kids; 3 angel babies; Crawfordsville, IN, United States 12022 posts
23rd Sep '10

I would also be concerned about Preeclampise. It can cuase pain in the upper stomach(below chest area), blurred vision, nauseous, and dizziness. It can be pretty serious. It could just be nothing though. I think it would be worth a vist to L&D just to be safe.

Christina Montes De Oca Due October 30; 2 kids; Illinois 40 posts
23rd Sep '10
Quoting ang_turtle(34w):
23rd Sep '10
Quoting Christina Montes De Oca:
Christina Montes De Oca Due October 30; 2 kids; Illinois 40 posts
23rd Sep '10
Quoting ang_turtle(34w):
23rd Sep '10
Quoting Christina Montes De Oca: