31 weeks pregnant and dilated to 1/2 cm WandaGayle02 Virginia 6 posts
5th Dec '07

I was wondering if anyone else has started to dilate yet. My doctor said it was pretty normal with second pregnancy. I am 31 weeks. I am having a lot of pressure and pains down there, I feel like the baby is just gonna drop out

Jelly Bean 12 Maine 80 posts
5th Dec '07

this may sound like a dumb question but I have to ask. When you dialted did you have any show? Did you know that you were or did the doctor tell you?

Littlede8 8 kids; Arkansas 133 posts
5th Dec '07

I never knew I was dialating til dr told me and that was usually around 34 weeks and I was 3 cm or more after my first baby. the first I didn't dialate till about 3 days before she was born. With my last I was dialated to 4cm for about 5 weeks before she was born! I know what you mean about the pain and pressure. Some times when I sit down I get right back up because it just feels like there isn't anything between the baby's head and my bottom! I didn't have show with any till I was having contractions, except I had some brownish or pinkish discharge the day before labor began with a few of them.
De

WandaGayle02 Virginia 6 posts
19th Dec '07

I had kind of a light brown discharge last week, I went to the doctor yesterday and I have dialated to 1 cm now so she said that it could happen anytime. She atleast sees me going by 36/37 weeks or she hopes my body will atleast wait that long. But who knows I might have the New Years baby, I guess all I can do is put it in God's hands and when this baby is ready then he will come

monkeygirl23 2 kids; Tennessee 587 posts
19th Dec '07

I'm right there with you. I went in for preterm labor at 30 weeks and was dilated 1 cm and 50% effaced. My doctor didn't want to check me at my last appointment so as not to stir anything up. There's no telling where I'm at now. I'm thinking New Year's baby too.

Kristin Oldach Due February 18 (boy); 1 child; Monroe, Georgia 5 posts
17th Dec '12

I am having A LOT of pelvic pressure and I am 31 weeks... idk if i am dialated or any of that, this is my second preg! With my first i had a cpl false alarms and one time they had to stop my labor bc it was too soon. With this one i have tried to just make it thru each little pain or uncomfortable feeling i have and not wait my time with going to the hospital!! Been having braxton hicks A LOT the last few weeks!!! IM SO TIRED OF THEM :( ive also had alot of discharge with this preg... i didnt have any with my first!

jordandue1221 Due December 20 (girl); 17 kids; Trenton, New Jersey 40 posts
17th Dec '12

well im due december 21 so in week 39 and didnt get any dilation till last week im 2 cm 70% effaced. unfortunately u can stay dilated at 1/2 cm all the way up to 3-4 cms and still be pregnant for weeks. once u lose your plug supposedly its gonna be over soon at least thats how it was with my son. i lost my plug with this one saturday and its monday so we will see