36 weeks w/ cramping pre-labor symptom?!? cherryberrylemonade 18 kids; Hawaii 946 posts
6th Dec '10

I'm 36 weeks and 2 days with my 2nd. I've been cramping and having lots of painful BH's the last few days. I also haven't gained weight in a while :( I am hoping to AT LEAST make it to 38 weeks. I'm confused because I never had cramping or BH's with my 1st and my doc isn't seeing me every week, he's still seeing me at every 2 1/2 weeks!!! They just told me to go into L&D if I start getting contractions :evil: I'm wondering if these are pre-labor symptoms. Anyone else have similar experiences? If so when did you end up delivering?

mami of 2boyz benjamin & 2 kids; Rancho Cordova, California 34 posts
6th Dec '10

i was like that with my 2nd LO. i went into the ER and i was in preterm labor but i ended up delivering via c section at 38 weeks and 2 days

Robert and Nicholas' Momm 2 kids; Pennsylvania 903 posts
6th Dec '10
Quoting cherryberrylemonade:
EmmaGrace 3 kids; Ennis, Texas 27010 posts
6th Dec '10

I cramped for several weeks before making it all the way to 40 weeks 2 days with my second baby. It was hell. lol

A, E & W's mommy Due October 21; Bulgaria 15280 posts
6th Dec '10

I've never had BH (well until today I think maybe) but I had lots of preterm labor and just painful contractions that never amounted to much and I still went to 39 wks with my first and 38 wks with my second. If it's just bh then I don't think it means alot.

cherryberrylemonade 18 kids; Hawaii 946 posts
6th Dec '10
Quoting Roberts mommy!:
cherryberrylemonade 18 kids; Hawaii 946 posts
6th Dec '10
Quoting EmmaGrace:
just me & my mini Due January 13; Santa Maria, California 13 posts
23rd Dec '10

you should go to L&D its better to be safe than sorry. i was having back pain (no cramping) a couple days ago so my doctor told me to go make sure it wasnt back labor cuz im almost 37wks. i went in & it showed that i was having contractions & didnt even feel them! i was already dilated 1cm & 50% effaced so the dr said im in pre labor. every woman is different tho