34 weeks PUBIC BONE PAIN! pls HELP :( Their mommy * 2 kids; Birmingham, United Kingdom 228 posts
12th Jan '11

hii everyone im nearly 35 weeks and hav had pubic bone pain for some time now. sometimes feels like my bone is going to snap... really bad walking is so painfull i dont even need 2 be moving around for mw 2 get the pains... when in bed and trying to put my socks on... now the pain is like a burning sensation on my bone.. really strange... does any 1 no wot this is... i cant take it anymore not for another 5 weeks my midwife i have a diff 1 every time and they dont do anything about it.... do u think they might induce me early cus of all the pain im in..?? help!!

NikkiWoods+3 35 kids; Kentucky 1879 posts
12th Jan '11

Just sounds to me like maybe the baby dropped and you're feeling the pressure. I remember the pain your talking about, and I felt it worse with my 2nd child. I doubt that you will get induced because of it though. Just my opinion, I'm not a doctor or midwife so I can't say for sure what they would do.

Lee.. 2 kids; Sydney, NS, Australia 923 posts
12th Jan '11
Quoting expecting number 2 xx:
mama to 2 pumpkins 2 kids; 4 angel babies; San Francisco, California 10735 posts
12th Jan '11

i had sever pains to wear i would cry and gasp just from moving. there is something where the ligaments stretch farther aprt than the average pregnant woman. i thought i had this and my dr said i was crazy that it was unheard of. then while i was in the hospital being monitored for fetal distress a nurse saw the amount of pain i was in and actually did something. it turned out i had a bladder infection , altho i didnt show any signs of it, except that. then after delivery i saw a regular dr and he infact confirmed i had suffered from my ligaments stretching further than that norm. you can get a belly belt thing. that holds your belly up a bit and supports it. kinda like a back belt. hope this helps.

bigger 5 kids; perth, Ne, Haiti 1768 posts
12th Jan '11

sounds like u could have pubic symphysis
have a read see if u have these symptoms even though theres not much to relive it this late in ur pregnancy except having the baby i suffered from this also i think its comming back earlie in this pregnancy... :(
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/pelvicpain/

Their mommy * 2 kids; Birmingham, United Kingdom 228 posts
12th Jan '11

thanks jus want to pain to stop espically the burning pain!!!!!

12th Jan '11

my pain was a burning sensation also
it was worse when turning while walking or turning fast to grab somthing
bending trying to get out of bed opening my legs:to get up changing pants and so forth & rolling over
and alot more getting a support band for ur hips helps so much but its really uncomfortable and also taking much smaller and slower well thought out movements and steps

mama to 2 pumpkins 2 kids; 4 angel babies; San Francisco, California 10735 posts
12th Jan '11
Quoting Emosie:
12th Jan '11
Quoting cole's mama christina:
TNmommy [EBF] 2 kids; Knoxville, Tennessee 3119 posts
12th Jan '11

My pelvic floor was hurting horribly the last couple of months, I don't think anyone realized how much pain I had been in til I had the baby. I was in much more pain when I arrived at the hospital (not in labor, to be induced), than I was minutes after giving birth with no drugs.

falafala Connecticut 17 posts
12th Oct '11

I agree that it is probably something like pubic symphysis disorder, but you can get help for it. I would make an appointment with a chiropractor specializing in pregnancy. I had a lot of relief from mine.
Here are some at home tips if chiropractic isn't your thing.http://backpainandpregnancy.blogspot.com/2008/09/understanding-pelvic-pain-in-pregnancy.html