3 -DAY DIET SUPPORT THREAD- Come join! ♥Heather Due January 11; 3 kids; 2 angel babies; Dayton, Ohio 89233 posts
23rd Jan '11

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE READ THROUGH THE OP, CHANCES ARE THAT THEY ARE IN HERE :D If you are referred to the OP, please dont get an attitude because you didnt already check it for the answer.

There was a support thread for this before, but the OP is gone now and Im going to do it again, so I decided to make another.

This thread is for ALL ladies interested in a 3-day diet
More detailed info:
WebMd
EveryDiet

Rules Of Engagement if you decide to join :)
1. We are here to SUPPORT each other, not talk shit,or pick fights, if you do not like someone PLEASE take it to a PM.
2. ANYONE is more then welcome to join in our thread. Please post up pictures and be honest.
3. Do NOT tweak this diet, if you do, do not be upset if you don't reach the goals.
4. This diet is NOT a forever change so EAT WELL on your off days and get SOME form of a work out in for optimal results. I've read online that many people go the mcdonalds on their off day and UN DO EVERYTHING they did during the week,
5. Mutual respect for all please!

.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.♥.

Onto the Diet:

What You Can Eat
The 3 Day Diet is a very specific food plan that must be followed precisely. Portions must be eaten exactly as specified and dieters are warned not to overeat -- otherwise the promised 10 pound weight loss may not be achieved. Likewise, dieters should not under-eat, even if they are not hungry. The detailed plan does not mention or recommend any exercise.

The 3 Day Diet meal plan:
Day 1 - My meals = 974
Breakfast
Black coffee or tea, with 1-2 packets Sweet & Low or Equal
1/2 grapefruit or juice
1 piece toast with 1 tablespoon peanut butter
v5fg48.jpgLunch
1/2 cup tuna
1 piece toast
b8ak61.jpgDinner
3 ounces any lean meat or chicken
1 cup green beans
1 cup carrots
1 apple
1 cup regular vanilla ice cream
29c99qc.jpgDay 2 - My meals = 1210 cals
Breakfast
1 egg
1/2 banana
1 piece toast
34e4848.jpgLunch
1 cup cottage cheese or tuna
8 regular saltine crackers
2wqy3h1.jpgDinner
2 beef franks
1 cup broccoli or cabbage
1/2 cup carrots
1/2 banana
1/2 cup regular vanilla ice cream
nl92zr.jpg2ugkmf7.jpgDay 3 - My meals = 883 cals
Breakfast
5 regular saltine crackers
1 ounce cheddar cheese
1 apple
2wnpwl1.jpgLunch
1 boiled egg
1 piece toast
rlktmo.jpgDinner
1 cup tuna
1 cup carrots
1 cup cauliflower
1 cup melon
1/2 cup regular vanilla ice cream
dbqj5v.jpg
In addition to its strict daily food prescription, dieters drink 4 cups of water or noncaloric drinks daily.

Condiments Allowed

• Lemon (and lots of it, if you like) a dash of salt and/or pepper mustard cooking spray

Substitutions
Some people use the following substitutions for the 3 day diet:

• Orange instead of Grapefruit Tuna instead of Cottage cheese (and vice versa) Frozen yogurt instead of Ice Cream Cauliflower instead of Broccoli (and vice versa) Green beans instead of Broccoli or Cauliflower Beets instead of Carrots Toast instead of 5 crackers (vice versa)

*Note: Some say that there are no substitutions allowed because the 3 day diet works due to a chemical reaction between the foods; however, some sites do give different alternatives, claiming that its not a chemical reaction, its the calorie intake. I would recommend following the original diet without any substitutes for optimal results.

* If you would like to substitute with something else, feel free to do so; but again, I would recommend following the original diet without any substitutes for optimal results.

*Pictures of meals coming soon!

The 3 Day Diet grocery list:
Black coffee or tea
Sweet & Low or Equal
Grapefruit or Sugar free Grapefruit juice
Loaf of 100% whole grain bread
Peanut butter
Tuna
Chicken
Green Beans
Carrots
Apples
Vanilla Ice Cream
Eggs
Bananas
Cottage Cheese
Crackers
Beef Franks
Broccoli or Cabbage
Cheddar Cheese
Melon

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

Is it safe to EBF on this diet?
Yes. There are some women that BF/EBF that are doing this diet, they are just adjusting it a little or paying attention to their bodies and if they feel anything saying they need to eat more, they are. The baby will get all his nutrients before you do. So if your body tells you you're not getting enough for yourself, then just eat more. Maybe if anything add an extra apple here and there.
But also make sure you stay as hydrated as possible.
So we all know water doesn't have calories, so if anything flavor your water with the lemon for the extra calories. In one seedless lemon, there are 22 calories, so just work with that.

Is it safe to workout on this diet?
Due to the low amount of calories already being consumed, workouts are not recommended on the 3 days you are on the diet..However, it is a great idea to get a workout in on the remaining 4 days of the week when you are eating 'normal'.

Can I use foods from dinner and add them to breakfast or lunch?
If you are looking for optimal results, I would suggest keeping the meals exactly as the diet has them.

Can I substitute ____ for _____?

Only the following substitutions are recommended:
Substitutions
Some people use the following substitutions for the 3 day diet:

• Orange instead of Grapefruit Tuna instead of Cottage cheese (and vice versa) Frozen yogurt instead of Ice Cream Cauliflower instead of Broccoli (and vice versa) Green beans instead of Broccoli or Cauliflower Beets instead of Carrots Toast instead of 5 crackers (vice versa)

*Note: Some say that there are no substitutions allowed because the 3 day diet works due to a chemical reaction between the foods; however, some sites do give different alternatives, claiming that its not a chemical reaction, its the calorie intake. I would recommend following the original diet without any substitutes for optimal results.

* If you would like to substitute with something else, feel free to do so; but again, I would recommend following the original diet without any substitutes for optimal results.

How much weight should I lose with this diet?
When followed properly, many have lost between 7-11 pounds.

Most of us have begun and will be doing this diet Mon-Wed every week through February. A few are starting on different days for personal reasons.

I will be taking pics, weight and measurements before and after the diet to see how much progress I get. I will be posting them here for everyone to see as well as the progress picture thread linked above.

Women of the thread

PROGRESS PICTURES(for the 3 Day Diet)
PT ONLY PROGRESS PICTURES

A few of us are tracking our calories on MyFitnessPal.com and keeping our own personal update threads. Those that are using them have our links next to our names. If you would like to see what we are eating/how our progress is doing, check out out pages :D

Heather - MFP Food Diary - Personal Update Thread
Nichole - MFP Food Diary
Danielle - MFP Food Diary - Personal Update Blog
Mandy - MFP Food Diary
Tammy - MFP Food Diary
Alexandra - MFP Food Diary
Felicity - MFP Food Diary
Nikki - MFP Food Diary
Jennifer - MFP Food Diary
Melinda
Erin - MFP Food Diary - Personal Update Blog

☠Jenniefahhh 1 child; Djibouti 70787 posts
23rd Jan '11

I've done this diet! I lost 50+ lbs from Nov 1 - Jan 23. :D size 14 to a 5 & kept it off!

When I go grocery shopping I'll do it toooooo!

Mandy ♥ Hailey+Roo 2 kids; Middleton, Idaho 11788 posts
23rd Jan '11

I would love to, I just don't eat beef. :(

23rd Jan '11
Quoting MandyNHaileyButt{EBFB}:" I would love to, I just don't eat beef. :("

They don't have to be beef franks. We ate turkey.

♥ boop 17 kids; Montana 20753 posts
23rd Jan '11

me!

♥Heather Due January 11; 3 kids; 2 angel babies; Dayton, Ohio 89233 posts
23rd Jan '11
Quoting ☠ Jenniefahhh:" I've done this diet! I lost 50+ lbs from Nov 1 - Jan 23. :D size 14 to a 5 & kept it off! When I go grocery shopping I'll do it toooooo! "

:o Damn, you had great results! Im hoping it helps me get down to my Pre pregnancy weight.

Made in China 1 child; 2 angel babies; Texas 6713 posts
23rd Jan '11
Quoting ☠ Jenniefahhh:" I've done this diet! I lost 50+ lbs from Nov 1 - Jan 23. :D size 14 to a 5 & kept it off! When I go grocery shopping I'll do it toooooo! "

Goodness! Congrats momma!
Did you just do 3 days and then repeat?

4girls+1boy 4 kids; Sacramento, California 4581 posts
23rd Jan '11

I totally forgot about this diet. Do you mind me joining

23rd Jan '11
Quoting Christian's Momma ♥:" Goodness! Congrats momma! Did you just do 3 days and then repeat?"

3 days, off for 4, eat in moderation then start again the next week.

Mon-wed is how we did it.

23rd Jan '11
Quoting MandyNHaileyButt{EBFB}:" I would love to, I just don't eat beef. :("

Considering some sites say that its just the calorie amount the diet gives you, you could probably switch the hot dogs to something other than beef

Mommy#1♥ 1 child; Texas 3792 posts
23rd Jan '11

I am so in but I need to go grocery chopping mayne !! wah

23rd Jan '11
Quoting ☠ Jenniefahhh:" They don't have to be beef franks. We ate turkey. "

Do those taste good?

23rd Jan '11
Quoting ♥MommylovesBaby:" me! "

Yay :D

23rd Jan '11
Quoting Mommyto4girls:" I totally forgot about this diet. Do you mind me joining "

Go for it :)

23rd Jan '11

It works cuz the food that you eat together, breaks down fat, so you aren't losing water weight or anything, you're burning fat. It's amazing.

It's not healthy because the calories are low, but you have a TON of food.

It shrinks your stomach so it's easy to eat in moderation after.