37 weeks pregnant and 3 cm dilated!? Mommy3ArmyWife Due February 13 (girl); 2 kids; Colorado Springs, Colorado 3 posts
26th Jan '11

Well I went to the doctors last night, and found out that I am 3 cm dilated, but she didn't say how effaced I am. She told me she can fit 2 finger and could fill the baby's head and that it won't be too much longer! If she can touch the baby's head does that mean I am effaced any?

Riley+3 Due June 5; 18 kids; Washington 638 posts
26th Jan '11

She probably didn't mean she was poking the baby's head. But that she could feel it down in the canal.

But it's possible.

I had my LO at 37 weeks.

Mommy3ArmyWife Due February 13 (girl); 2 kids; Colorado Springs, Colorado 3 posts
26th Jan '11

Well she just said she could feel the top of her head so I don't know. I want to have her soon because my husband is leaving for month of training and I don't have any family near me or close friends...so I am she is right and I have her in a week!

Natalie Ena Due June 5 (girl); 4 kids; 6 angel babies; Brisbane, Australia 3862 posts
26th Jan '11
Quoting Mommy3ArmyWife:" Well I went to the doctors last night, and found out that I am 3 cm dilated, but she didn't say how effaced ... [snip!] ... fill the baby's head and that it won't be too much longer! If she can touch the baby's head does that mean I am effaced any?"

I was 3 cm at 37+2 then i had him the next day.
GL :D