Reply
my 7 month old ate soap.. Wishuknw 2 kids; Michigan 1082 posts
29th Jan '11

We are rushing out of the house to go upnort, I set Ella in her bumbo on the floor next to me so I could do my hair, and gave her a burts bees baby soap bottle to play with, she some how sucked soap out of the closed bottle, and now has violent hiccups and gas :( What should I do? She's never had water...I feel horrible!

Wishuknw 2 kids; Michigan 1082 posts
29th Jan '11
Quoting Megan Leigh Trevorrow:" We are rushing out of the house to go upnort, I set Ella in her bumbo on the floor next to me so I could ... [snip!] ... out of the closed bottle, and now has violent hiccups and gas :( What should I do? She's never had water...I feel horrible!"

up north*

It's Ashleyyyy! 2 kids; 2 angel babies; Savannah, Georgia 14297 posts
29th Jan '11

Call poison control but more than likely they'll just tell you LO will either be constipated or get diarreah and to make sure LO stays hydrated.

{Katy}mommy of 2 2 kids; Virginia 4014 posts
29th Jan '11

Read the warning label and see if it says anything about being toxic....
I'm going to guess though that since its a baby soap you don't have anything to worry about. Just give her some water or formula to wash out the nasty taste.

Barfy McVomitron Due July 19; 4 kids; Glen Burnie, Maryland 29256 posts
29th Jan '11

what does the package say? If it says to call poison control, call them. If it doesnt, then my guess is you'll get a nice diaper soon.

Wishuknw 2 kids; Michigan 1082 posts
29th Jan '11
Quoting {Katy}mommy of 2:" Read the warning label and see if it says anything about being toxic.... I'm going to guess though that ... [snip!] ... since its a baby soap you don't have anything to worry about. Just give her some water or formula to wash out the nasty taste."


It's non-toxic, it's organic burts bees. I am just worried it will make her sick! It doesn't say call, so I am going to give her some formula. I hope she doesnt get sick! poor baby

[MOM]ster 3 kids; San Diego, California 8501 posts
29th Jan '11
Quoting Megan Leigh Trevorrow:" It's non-toxic, it's organic burts bees. I am just worried it will make her sick! It doesn't say call, so I am going to give her some formula. I hope she doesnt get sick! poor baby"



shes probably fine....maybe get the shits but im sure shes good. You would know by now if she started acting strange or violently vomiting that something was wrong.

{Katy}mommy of 2 2 kids; Virginia 4014 posts
29th Jan '11
Quoting Megan Leigh Trevorrow:" It's non-toxic, it's organic burts bees. I am just worried it will make her sick! It doesn't say call, so I am going to give her some formula. I hope she doesnt get sick! poor baby"

It may not agree with her tummy and she might puke but I'm guessing she will just have a nasty diaper in a little bit.