34 weeks pelvic pressure!!!! Morgan's Mommy! 1 child; Texas 187 posts
31st Jan '11

Anyone else feeling pressure on your pelvic bone? It is becoming difficult to walk. Feels like my pelvic is about to snap in half! Anyone else? If so, what's the explanation?

user banned 1 child; California 4855 posts
31st Jan '11

its normal
the baby is probably moving down into your pelvis

Morgan's Mommy! 1 child; Texas 187 posts
31st Jan '11

It certainly feels like it! It's been happening since I was about 30 weeks and my doctor said she felt her head down but I didn't believe her

Flibbertigibbet 19 kids; Richland, Washington 9301 posts
31st Jan '11

It means baby's dropped and is getting in position! Totally normal but totally sucks lol.

31st Jan '11

Yes it does! Is there a chance that I may have dilated? I have a doctor's appt. next weeks and was wondering if it's possible.

PREGNANT-Caiti Due April 1 (boy); 18 kids; Anchorage, Alaska 8004 posts
31st Jan '11

Yeah i really hated it. Baby is dropping into place. It's basically like having a bowling ball weighing down on your pelvic bone...Once you get further along it actually gets worse . It began to feel like someone was pushing the bowling ball down on my pelvis ...I seriously called my doctor and told her straight up i think my pelvic bone is cracking down the middle. She giggled and told me to take a nice warm bath and try to relax and the worse is yet to come... She was right :) Good luck mama. It will be over soon.

31st Jan '11

lol. I called labor and delivery also.....The warm water actually does work for a little while. Hopefully the pressure will make her come a little early! :?

31st Jan '11
Quoting Morgan's Mommy!:" Yes it does! Is there a chance that I may have dilated? I have a doctor's appt. next weeks and was wondering if it's possible."

Have you had any contractions? It's possible but it doesn't necessarily mean anything. I had pre-term labor at 31 weeks that put me at 2.5cm dilated and 75% effaced for 8 weeks.

31st Jan '11
Quoting Morgan's Mommy!:" lol. I called labor and delivery also.....The warm water actually does work for a little while. Hopefully the pressure will make her come a little early! :?"

I wouldn't cout on it, when I was pregnant with my son he dropped at 29 weeks and I even had some pre-term labor and he still didn't come until 5 days before my due date lol.

31st Jan '11

Just braxton hicks contractions and light cramping at times but nothing major....

31st Jan '11
Quoting Morgan's Mommy!:" Just braxton hicks contractions and light cramping at times but nothing major.... "

Well IMO it would be pointless to be checked for dilation because it doesn't really mean much unless you're having a bunch of contractions which could mean you are in pre-term labor, but it doesn't sound like that's the case.

31st Jan '11

I dont think so either. Hopefully i will dilate soon...

31st Jan '11
Quoting Morgan's Mommy!:" I dont think so either. Hopefully i will dilate soon..."

I experienced it as a sharp stabbing pain in my vagina lol. Not so nice haha

Mochahontas 1 child; Houston, Texas 436 posts
1st Feb '11

Yeahpp...I know what youre talkingg about...I felt it the most when I changed sleeping positions in bed...its hurted so0o bad to move...it startedd like 28 weeks for me...thats when I found out she was head down so0o thats pretty much what it could be. Good luckk Momma!

Kaelynn's Mommy <3 1 child; Charlotte, NC, United States 870 posts
1st Feb '11

It's been happening to me since about 30 wks. My baby has always been low though. I haven't dropped though. (well i dont think so). I cant even close my legs in the car, so i dont bother driving anymore lol. My SO drives me everywhere