925 SU sterling silver? Jalen's mommy 1 child; San Antonio, Texas 6731 posts
1st Feb '11

does anyone know what SU means? I have a ring I'm going to put up on ebay that I don't know much about, on the inside it says 925 SU and silver (silver is written upside down) all in the same print and then it says sterling in a different print. Any info is appreciated!

Elizabeth (mountainbaby) 1 child; McLean, Virginia 18837 posts
1st Feb '11
Quoting Jalen's mommy:" does anyone know what SU means? I have a ring I'm going to put up on ebay that I don't know much about, ... [snip!] ... 925 SU and silver all in the same print and then it has sterling upside down in a different print. Any info is appreciated!"

925 means it's 92.5 % silver. that is what sterling silver is. they add other metals to make it harder. pure silver is too soft to make jewelry from

Mama Rogers 2 kids; Georgia 15187 posts
1st Feb '11

I think it has to do with the grade. Like a gold ring can be 25 carat or 12 carat gold, like that. I used to know exactly what it meant but I've forgotten now. But it is basically the mixture of silver to whatever other metals they use.

Jalen's mommy 1 child; San Antonio, Texas 6731 posts
1st Feb '11
Quoting Elizabeth (mountainbaby):" 925 means it's 92.5 % silver. that is what sterling silver is. they add other metals to make it harder. pure silver is too soft to make jewelry from"

i guess I should have been more specific, I know what 925 means, just not sure what the SU means.

eod, the sock rocker. 3 kids; Charlottesville, Virginia 10825 posts
1st Feb '11
Quoting Jalen's mommy:" does anyone know what SU means? I have a ring I'm going to put up on ebay that I don't know much about, ... [snip!] ... 925 SU and silver all in the same print and then it has sterling upside down in a different print. Any info is appreciated!"

from answers.com
"SU in a circle on jewelry is an Italian code for Sterling Silver."

1st Feb '11
Quoting Jalen's mommy:" i guess I should have been more specific, I know what 925 means, just not sure what the SU means."

sorry. SU is another international code for sterling silver.

1st Feb '11
Quoting eodmommy:" from answers.com "SU in a circle on jewelry is an Italian code for Sterling Silver.""

I saw that too, but it's not in a circle.

eod, the sock rocker. 3 kids; Charlottesville, Virginia 10825 posts
1st Feb '11
Quoting Jalen's mommy:" I saw that too, but it's not in a circle."

I would think it still means sterling silver.

1st Feb '11
Quoting Elizabeth (mountainbaby):" sorry. SU is another international code for sterling silver."

thank you!

1st Feb '11
Quoting Jalen's mommy:" thank you!"

I did some more searching. It's possible that the SU stands for Silver Unlimited which was an internet based shopping site. Many countries use SU as a code for sterling silver.

1st Feb '11
Quoting Elizabeth (mountainbaby):" I did some more searching. It's possible that the SU stands for Silver Unlimited which was an internet based shopping site. Many countries use SU as a code for sterling silver."

Thank you! I honestly know nothing about this ring. It's some type of flower, but I don't even know the name of it lol

1st Feb '11
Quoting Jalen's mommy:" Thank you! I honestly know nothing about this ring. It's some type of flower, but I don't even know the name of it lol"

can you post a picture?

2nd Feb '11
Quoting Elizabeth (mountainbaby):" can you post a picture?"

ring.jpgring2.jpgring3.jpg

3rd Feb '11
Quoting Jalen's mommy:" "

it's pretty neat looking actually. looks a lot like a fuchsia flower.

3rd Feb '11
Quoting Elizabeth (mountainbaby):" it's pretty neat looking actually. looks a lot like a fuchsia flower."

hey it does! I had never even heard of that before! lol thank you :)