38 weeks and no contractions or anything yet? S Ivy Due February 27; USA 40 posts
6th Feb '11

Has anyone been 38 weeks and not had any contractions, bleeding, leaking or anything at all? Is it normal? MY OB isnt much concerned, just thought that I should have had braxton hicks or something by now?

inluvwitmylittleones 2 kids; Wisconsin 22384 posts
6th Feb '11

Its pretty normal since your not full term yet. Some women have absolutely no signs until they go into labor.

Rebeccaaaa<3 Due March 2 (girl); 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Taylorsville, North Carolina 14987 posts
6th Feb '11

When I was 38 weeks with my son, nothing was happening. I went over due and had to be induced. :) good luck! doesn't mean nothing won't happen to you though. Its normal.

~REAPER~ +2 baking #3 Due June 27; 2 kids; Toledo, Ohio 15039 posts
6th Feb '11
Quoting S Ivy:" Has anyone been 38 weeks and not had any contractions, bleeding, leaking or anything at all? Is it normal? ... [snip!] ... at all? Is it normal? MY OB isnt much concerned, just thought that I should have had braxton hicks or something by now?"

you still have 2 weeks left. I had prelabor for 3 weeks and was miserable... delivered exactly on my due date :)

inluvwitmylittleones 2 kids; Wisconsin 22384 posts
6th Feb '11
Quoting S Ivy:" Has anyone been 38 weeks and not had any contractions, bleeding, leaking or anything at all? Is it normal? ... [snip!] ... at all? Is it normal? MY OB isnt much concerned, just thought that I should have had braxton hicks or something by now?"

How can you be due the 28th of Feb and be 38 weeks?? I am due the day after you and I am 36w 5d right now.

Kailyn's Mama 20 kids; Rochester, New York 19490 posts
6th Feb '11

With my daughter nothing happened until I was 39w 3 days. I had back pain for like an hour, my water broke when I was walking through the living room , and Kailyn was born about 2 hours later. Came out of nowhere fast!

Rachael +3♥ 3 kids; Troy, Michigan 5146 posts
6th Feb '11

you have two weeks left.. dont worry about it!

~*~Emily~*~ Due February 15 (boy); 4 kids; Virginia 5795 posts
6th Feb '11

Uhm you can't be 38 weeks yet, I am and I'm due 12 days before you. But.... I am showing no signs of labor being soon. My cervix is soft and thinned out though. That's all.

Eℓizabeth+2∞ 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Michigan 17452 posts
6th Feb '11

i never had braxton hicks or and contractions at all until i was in labor.

♥Mrs.Garcia 18 kids; Houston, Texas 13802 posts
6th Feb '11

nothing until labor with me... I went in around 39 weeks and 4 days.

Raegan & Luke's Momma 2 kids; Oklahoma 17345 posts
6th Feb '11

I didn't feel a thing. I was induced at 40 weeks..and even then.. I wasn't in any pain until my water was broken 12 hours later. thats when I started feeling my contractions.

Kenzye and Chris' Mommy : 2 kids; Lebanon, Missouri 14524 posts
6th Feb '11

im due the 21st and wont be 38 weeks until tomorrow...so you should just be getting ready to be 37 weeks

S Ivy Due February 27; USA 40 posts
6th Feb '11
Quoting inluvwitmylittleone*MMM*:" How can you be due the 28th of Feb and be 38 weeks?? I am due the day after you and I am 36w 5d right now."

umm, when I set up the BG account weeks ago they asked for and estimated due date, doc changed my date, I just havent updated my account

6th Feb '11
Quoting Kenzye and Chris' Mommy ::" im due the 21st and wont be 38 weeks until tomorrow...so you should just be getting ready to be 37 weeks"

Once again, when I signed up for baby gaga, I had an estimated due date. I dont know how to change it from saying due feb 28th, but I am 38 weeks.

6th Feb '11
Quoting ~REAPER~:" you still have 2 weeks left. I had prelabor for 3 weeks and was miserable... delivered exactly on my due date :)"

Thank you reaper and every else for the reassuring comments, Ill try not to worry for another 2 weeks, just dont want to be induced or need a c section.