18 MONTH old poop TinkerButt's Mom [FAP] TTA since Jul 2011; 1 child; Johnson City, Tennessee 5542 posts
17th Feb '11

My daughter is 18 months...
and just the past few days is constantly pooping...
like normal poop.

every diaper change....

idk why. Is it normal?

She used to only poop once a day, and it was always in the morning right after she got up...and maybe once in the afternoon more but not often

but this morning she went when she got up....twice at day care, and 3 times since she got home......

yesterday and the day before were the say way...constant poopies...

idk if maybe it's a growth spurt...

she hasn't increased her food intake...

she also seems like she constantly wants somethign to drink weather it's from the b**b or her sippy

Lebend. Lachen. Liebe 3 kids; San Antonio, Texas 33614 posts
17th Feb '11

She could be getting sick and that's her way of reacting to it. Bug was like that for about a week when he started getting sick.
It's horrible.

TinkerButt's Mom [FAP] TTA since Jul 2011; 1 child; Johnson City, Tennessee 5542 posts
17th Feb '11
Quoting barefoot mommy
17th Feb '11
Quoting TinkerButt's Mom [EBFT]:" UGH the last thing we need is another sickness!!!!! she just got over RSV...and a sinus/ear infection.... ... [snip!] ... but there is a kid in her day care class that was confirmed to have Strep... does that cause a baby to poop more? "

I caught the regular strep from my fiance's best friend in August 09, and I don't have the best immune system, it went from my throat [lasted like 3 days] down to my stomach infecting everything in it's path and I had the massive shits for almost 2 weeks and a constant 3 week fever of 104.8.

We ALLLL hope to God that's not the case, I was on steroids and antibiotics for a month. I'd just keep an eye on her, make sure no fevers come up and maybe give her pedialite? I was told that helps back the system up a smidge.
Oh and keep her hydrated, pooping too much can dehydrate ya really bad.

Ask her what she eats at day care? Maybe they're giving her something that's running everything out..?

TinkerButt's Mom [FAP] TTA since Jul 2011; 1 child; Johnson City, Tennessee 5542 posts
17th Feb '11
Quoting barefoot mommy
17th Feb '11
Quoting TinkerButt's Mom [EBFT]:" with her day care we pack her lunch for her. it's usually cheese, sandwhich and a mum mum. with a ... [snip!] ... mum. with a juice box... if it was the runs at least i would suspect an infection...but it's normal poop...just A LOT of it"

Hmm.. I don't know then. Lol. Compared to me, she's lucky. Hahah.