32 weeks = itchy feet = I need help! Newest Mommy Due April 23 (boy); South Africa 73 posts
23rd Feb '11

Please tell me I'm not alone. I have the most itchy feet ever, but just on the insides of my feet. If you know reflexology, it is right there where they say your reproductive organs sit, just next to the round bone at the top of your foot.
now when I scratch, and I try not to, Baby goes bonkers inside, as if I am irritating him. is this normal? is it too little blood flow to my feet, because they look like elephant stompers. Can I put any lotion or cream or something on them? they are killing me!!!!!!!

Styx 18 kids; Central Coast, Australia 8878 posts
23rd Feb '11

Only thing you can really do is put your feet up or give birth for swollen feet to go down. Mine went down like 2 mins after I had my son, it was crazy!

Wyatt & Melina's Mama Due August 5 (girl); 50 kids; Tennessee 193 posts
23rd Feb '11

Try some olive oil on the itchy spot. Be careful what you use as the combination of certain oils and constant or regular pressure can actually stimulate contractions at a certain point in pregnancy. That may be why little one is going nuts, or just that you're bent in half to scratch and is feeling cramped :)

Newest Mommy Due April 23 (boy); South Africa 73 posts
23rd Feb '11
Quoting Wyatt & Melina's Mama:" Try some olive oil on the itchy spot. Be careful what you use as the combination of certain oils and ... [snip!] ... in pregnancy. That may be why little one is going nuts, or just that you're bent in half to scratch and is feeling cramped :)"

that makes sense, thanks. this isnt a sign of early birth or something, is it?

Wyatt & Melina's Mama Due August 5 (girl); 50 kids; Tennessee 193 posts
23rd Feb '11
Quoting Newest Mommy:" that makes sense, thanks. this isnt a sign of early birth or something, is it? "

No. Actually, I seem to remember having that with my son and he was overdue. Make sure you up your water intake during the day also. It should help some. We're human sponges right now :)