2 bags of water? MoMmY-oF-5 Due April 12 (boy); 4 kids; Beaver Dam, Wisconsin 40 posts
14th Mar '11

Has anyone heard or had a doctor tell you that you had 2 bags of water? I'm 35 weeks and 5 days and Last night I was laying in bed and a huge gush of liquid came out. We went to the hospital and they said they could not test to see if it was amniotic fluid or not b/c we had had sex about 30 min prior to liquid gushing out. I guess if you have semen in you the test comes out positive no matter what. The on-call doctor wouldnt come in to do the fern test and I was contracting every 7 min. I am still contracting but they couldnt tell if it was amniotic fluid and I wasnt diolating. The fluid did not smell like urine and their was so much fluid it soaked right threw the mattress. Still today I go to smell it to see if it smells like pee and No it doesn't. Kinda has a sweet smell to it IDK but definatly not urine. They said that their is a fore bag of water and that is probley what broke. Has anyone had anything simular to or heard of this and if so what should I expect. I have never had my water break so this whole thing water bag/ 2 water bag thing is so new to me. HELP ;)

☮LoveAndSerenity 1 child; Kenosha, Wisconsin 52409 posts
14th Mar '11

Yep, many women have two bags of water. The forebag and the hindbag. The forebags are usually semi small.

Ang+1 & Baby :) Due January 16; 1 child; Rhode Island 2849 posts
14th Mar '11

i had extra fluid but that was because my son has DS... but never heard of it.. I would have been pissed that the "ON CALL" doctor wouldnt come in WTF is he/she on call for ??

8/18/11 Alabama 627 posts
14th Mar '11

around 10w i was overly paranoid that i was leaking amniotic fluid and when i called the OB nurse hotline, they were really particular about what it smelled like. she said it would be really different, sweet smelling. unlike urine or discharge. idk anything about two bags of water - but i hope you get some answers!

Titties :) 2 kids; Beaverton, Oregon 53705 posts
14th Mar '11

I'm not 100% certain, but I'd listen to the doctors. If you're concerned about baby not having enough amino fluid, just make sure and up your water drinking :)

MoMmY-oF-5 Due April 12 (boy); 4 kids; Beaver Dam, Wisconsin 40 posts
14th Mar '11

Ya we felt the same way about the on call doctor!! My man stayed up with me in the hospital untill 2:30 am and he had to be to work at 4:30 am and the chick couldnt get out of bed for a 10 minute test so we could just go home. We were kinda mad!!
LoveandSerenity, Do you possibly know how long after the forebag breaks to you go into full blown labor? b/c I'm contracting but not diolating

☮LoveAndSerenity 1 child; Kenosha, Wisconsin 52409 posts
14th Mar '11
Quoting MoMmY-oF-5:" Ya we felt the same way about the on call doctor!! My man stayed up with me in the hospital untill 2:30 ... [snip!] ... Do you possibly know how long after the forebag breaks to you go into full blown labor? b/c I'm contracting but not diolating"

There's no set time, really. It can still be a few days, if not even longer because the forebag doesn't do a whole lot. They say that it can help "clean" the birth canal prior to labor and occasionally apply pressure to the cervix to help dilate it, but at the same time, pressure can prevent your cervix from dilating.

MommyPotatoBean♥ Port Perry, Ontario 8 posts
17th Aug '12

My son will be 6 months on the 22nd of August (this month) and when I went into labour my water had broke at home, then when I got to the hospital and was far enough along, the doctor broke a second water and the super duper fun began! It is possible to have 2 waters.