16 weeks and having contraction? 3.24.10☀9.10.11☀12.12.14 Due December 12; 2 kids; 2 angel babies; Oregon 3405 posts
21st Mar '11

I'm not going to go into much detail, but I have a hematoma causing the baby's placenta to detatch. For the last 2 hours I have been having awful pains in my entire abdomen that are every 10 min. I have had a child before and know the difference between braxton hicks and real contractions. My question is, has anyone else experienced contractions this early and had the docs successfully stop them with something like Terburtaline or Magnesium Sulfate? TIA

The Biscuit Farmer. 2 kids; Vagina, Russian Federation 9128 posts
21st Mar '11
Quoting Danni1108:" I'm not going to go into much detail, but I have a hematoma causing the baby's placenta to detatch. For ... [snip!] ... contractions this early and had the docs successfully stop them with something like Terburtaline or Magnesium Sulfate? TIA"

IDK but it sounds like you should call L&D

Evan My Heaven TTC since Apr 2012; 33 kids; West Chester Township, Ohio 3374 posts
21st Mar '11

<blockquote><b>Quoting darlin'Aurora [OUATM]:</b>" IDK but it sounds like you should call L&D"</blockquote>

Definitely!!

Serenity,Kenzie,& Lilly's Due October 6 (girl); 2 kids; Mississippi 1282 posts
21st Mar '11

I would call L&D momma just to be safe

Polly Dee 33 kids; La Porte, Indiana 4141 posts
21st Mar '11

I haven't experienced it myself at 16 weeks but was sent in Friday at 19 weeks for contractions. My mom did go into preterm labor at 14 weeks with my little sister though and they stopped it somehow although I'm not entirely sure how. I hope that helps.

3.24.10☀9.10.11☀12.12.14 Due December 12; 2 kids; 2 angel babies; Oregon 3405 posts
21st Mar '11
Quoting darlin'Aurora [OUATM]:" IDK but it sounds like you should call L&D"

I did and they won't take me since there would be no viability if the baby was born. They said go to the ER, but I was just there last night. I think I am going to go back and request the labor stopping drug and hope for the best. I just don't know how successful it will be.

3.24.10☀9.10.11☀12.12.14 Due December 12; 2 kids; 2 angel babies; Oregon 3405 posts
21st Mar '11
Quoting MsPollyAnna:" I haven't experienced it myself at 16 weeks but was sent in Friday at 19 weeks for contractions. My mom ... [snip!] ... at 14 weeks with my little sister though and they stopped it somehow although I'm not entirely sure how. I hope that helps."

Thank you that's eencouraging. Were they able to stop your contractions?

21st Mar '11
Quoting Danni1108:" I did and they won't take me since there would be no viability if the baby was born. They said go to ... [snip!] ... I am going to go back and request the labor stopping drug and hope for the best. I just don't know how successful it will be."

So... they won't take you in because they baby won't survive if you ARE in labor? What the hell. So you should just stay home, and go into labor right now by yourself, and they should just not try to stop it? You should go to the ER then. Better to be safe than sorry! Who cares if you look "stupid" or "crazy", that's your baby, and if you're unsure about what's going on, you should find out, for sure!

21st Mar '11
Quoting Danni1108:" I did and they won't take me since there would be no viability if the baby was born. They said go to ... [snip!] ... I am going to go back and request the labor stopping drug and hope for the best. I just don't know how successful it will be."

I would go to the ER who cares if you where there last night your doing whats best for you unborn child and if they have something to say tell them to kiss your ass and us baby gaga mommas will hurt them lol

21st Mar '11
Quoting darlin'Aurora [OUATM]:" So... they won't take you in because they baby won't survive if you ARE in labor? What the hell. So ... [snip!] ... if you look "stupid" or "crazy", that's your baby, and if you're unsure about what's going on, you should find out, for sure!"

I know, it's awful. They said to go to the ER, so I guess that's where I'm going.

21st Mar '11
Quoting Samantha Cox:" I would go to the ER who cares if you where there last night your doing whats best for you unborn child ... [snip!] ... for you unborn child and if they have something to say tell them to kiss your ass and us baby gaga mommas will hurt them lol"

I could care less about what they say :) I'm just concerned they won't be able to do anything, and just send me home again. I'm scared to deliver a baby at home though. Like what the hell would I do? I know it wouldn't make it, but it's big enough to see and hold :?

21st Mar '11
Quoting Danni1108:" I could care less about what they say :) I'm just concerned they won't be able to do anything, and just ... [snip!] ... a baby at home though. Like what the hell would I do? I know it wouldn't make it, but it's big enough to see and hold :?"

They should be able to do something for you momma they should at least monitor you and see if there is anything they can do and if they can stop it i am sure they will at least try momma. It doesnt hurt to go and see if there is something they can do. I dont know what i would do if i had the baby at home just dh and i good luck

21st Mar '11
Quoting Danni1108:" I know, it's awful. They said to go to the ER, so I guess that's where I'm going."

It really is. You should definitely go in just to make sure everything is okay. I hope it's not contractions!! good luck!

21st Mar '11
Quoting Samantha Cox:" They should be able to do something for you momma they should at least monitor you and see if there ... [snip!] ... to go and see if there is something they can do. I dont know what i would do if i had the baby at home just dh and i good luck"

Thank you, I'm going to go in and just demand for something to be done.

Polly Dee 33 kids; La Porte, Indiana 4141 posts
21st Mar '11
Quoting Danni1108:" Thank you that's eencouraging. Were they able to stop your contractions?"

They stopped on their own. They said I had been too active during the previous week. Please let me know what happens! I have several subchorionic hematomas although so far there has been no sign of growth in them but it scares me.