11 yr old driver kills 2 yr old toddler Kristen & Sadie 1 child; Fresno, California 2992 posts
5th Apr '11

11-year-old driver allegedly kills 2-year-old in Tulare

Monday, April 04, 2011

TAGS:tulare, tulare county, local, sontaya rose

kfsn_bio_sontayarose_35x44.jpg
Sontaya Rose
More: Bio, E-mail, Facebook, Twitter, Articles by Sontaya Rose,News Team

TULARE, Calif. (KFSN) -- A tragic accident has killed a 2-year-old South Valley girl and could mean charges for another child.

| Watch Video Above for Extended Coverage |

Tulare Police say 2-year-old Dahlia Rodriguez was struck and killed Sunday night on Bridger Court and Durango.
Police say the driver of the car was 11-years-old. Investigators say the 11-year-old was backing up into a driveway when the 2-year-old was hit. An adult passenger was inside the car along with the driver. There is no word if the driver or passenger were injured.
The Tulare County District Attorney will now decide if the 11-year-old or the adult passenger will face charges.

This recently happened in a nearby town and people are saying the parents should be held accountable. What do u think?!

. Way, MA, United States 73780 posts
5th Apr '11

Yes the parents should be held accountable. Wow.

rpgmomma8404 1 child; St Ann, Missouri 7591 posts
5th Apr '11

Well, I'm trying to figure out who the hell was suppose to be watching the 2 year old? I think the parents of both the 11 year and 2 year old should be held responsible in some way.

Gretchen Weiners Due October 25; 3 kids; Chicago, Illinois 52960 posts
5th Apr '11

The parents should DEFINITELY be held accountable.

Why shouldn't they? Who lets their 11 year old drive while they cheer them on from the passenger seat, beer in hand?

B( o )( o )BS! 3 kids; Oregon 25898 posts
5th Apr '11

Why would the child be held responsible?

Titties :) 2 kids; Beaverton, Oregon 53705 posts
5th Apr '11
Quoting UniqueMommy1984:" Well, I'm trying to figure out who the hell was suppose to be watching the 2 year old? I think the parents of both the 11 year and 2 year old should be held responsible in some way. "

I don't think you should punish grieving parents. Its sick.

5th Apr '11
Quoting UniqueMommy1984:" Well, I'm trying to figure out who the hell was suppose to be watching the 2 year old? I think the parents of both the 11 year and 2 year old should be held responsible in some way. "

It doesn't say anything about the parents of the 2 year old so I'm thinking there was a legit reason, otherwise I'm sure they would be crucifying those parents.

Kristen & Sadie 1 child; Fresno, California 2992 posts
5th Apr '11
Quoting Breanna+FUNFUNFUN:" I don't think you should punish grieving parents. Its sick."

I'm thinking child neglect or something? Like where were they??

The Great Mustachio Suck It, PO, Uzbekistan 9383 posts
5th Apr '11

Whoever gave the keys to the 11 year old should be punished. It's sickening when peoples stupidity gets others hurt.

5th Apr '11
Quoting Kristen & Sadie:" I'm thinking child neglect or something? Like where were they??"

More importantly, where was the brain of the passenger in the van with the 11 year old driver???

B( o )( o )BS! 3 kids; Oregon 25898 posts
5th Apr '11
Quoting Kristen & Sadie:" I'm thinking child neglect or something? Like where were they??"

You can't assume that. Maybe they were right there, and she just darted behind the car. Kids are quick.

5th Apr '11
Quoting Gretchen Weiners:" More importantly, where was the brain of the passenger in the van with the 11 year old driver???"

I know 11 is a bit too young to be let driving out and about!

5th Apr '11
Quoting B( o )( o )BS! makes hats:" You can't assume that. Maybe they were right there, and she just darted behind the car. Kids are quick. "

:!:

They could have been on a family walk or something. Who knows.

5th Apr '11
Quoting B( o )( o )BS! makes hats:" You can't assume that. Maybe they were right there, and she just darted behind the car. Kids are quick. "

Yeah I know, just thoughts!

rpgmomma8404 1 child; St Ann, Missouri 7591 posts
5th Apr '11
Quoting Breanna+FUNFUNFUN:" I don't think you should punish grieving parents. Its sick."

Well if the story gave more details then I wouldn't have said that. All we know is there was a 2 year old running around outside and a 11 year old driving. Doesn't say where the parents were, doesn't say who was in the car with the child or anything else. So, therefore I am assuming that parents weren't watching their 2 year old closely. I could be completely wrong though but just going on the details of the story posted. I read too must http://dreamindemon.com/ to think the 2 year old parents were standing right there.