11 year old boy pooping in his pants Jasify Due September 2; 2 kids; South Carolina 31243 posts
9th Apr '11

What would an 11 year old child who seems to be of normal intelligence who still poops in his pants on occasion indicate...? Google is not really helping; they keep saying he has a mental disability, but he is a smart child who does well in school and has many friends (and even a girlfriend).

This is my little cousin. I thought this problem had been resolved when he was eight (his mom took him to many doctors about it) but he has started doing it at night again in his sleep.

Has anyone ever heard of this before? Have any experience with it?

♥Blondetourage 3 kids; FORT RILEY, Kansas 35907 posts
9th Apr '11

problems at home maybe???

I have an 11 year old and i dont see him doing that unless he was trying to get attention...but then again i dont think he'd poop his pants. he likes to get in trouble at school instead

My Lil' Monsters 5 kids; 3 angel babies; Surprise, Arizona 4144 posts
9th Apr '11
Quoting ♥MRSArmyGF:" problems at home maybe??? I have an 11 year old and i dont see him doing that unless he was trying to ... [snip!] ... he was trying to get attention...but then again i dont think he'd poop his pants. he likes to get in trouble at school instead"

my thoughts exactly!

♥ Mrs. S ♥ Due September 20; 2 kids; Venezuela 13654 posts
9th Apr '11

I'm not saying this is the case but when I hear things like that I think sexual or physical abuse.

Jasify Due September 2; 2 kids; South Carolina 31243 posts
9th Apr '11
Quoting ♥MRSArmyGF:" problems at home maybe??? I have an 11 year old and i dont see him doing that unless he was trying to ... [snip!] ... he was trying to get attention...but then again i dont think he'd poop his pants. he likes to get in trouble at school instead"

His parents are currently going through a divorce, but he has done this his entire life practically.

user banned Colorado 21030 posts
9th Apr '11
Quoting Jassercise:" What would an 11 year old child who seems to be of normal intelligence who still poops in his pants on ... [snip!] ... but he has started doing it at night again in his sleep. Has anyone ever heard of this before? Have any experience with it?"

Bowel incontinence maybe?

Iron Hymen! 1 child; Washington 14532 posts
9th Apr '11

Could be either a physical or mental problem. He may be holding it during the day and not going, then it just happens when he's sleeping. Or he might be having difficulty coping with or accepting something and he's regressing.

DE LE TED California 6831 posts
9th Apr '11

Was he born premature? Only asking because my nephew had that issue for a while. The muscle/whatever its called doesnt work so it's harder for him to 'push'. He has issues with constipation and would sometimes have accidents at night.

Cracked out June Cleaver 1 child; Springfield, Oregon 61877 posts
9th Apr '11

Sounds like something beyond his control,physically. Poor kid:(

Good Queen Bess 2 kids; Ontario 46826 posts
9th Apr '11

It could be both a mental or physical problem.

Intelligence wouldn't dictate whether or not there was a mental health issue present.

mamato6 vba4c successful Phoenix, Arizona 10644 posts
9th Apr '11

My cousin used to pee in her pants up until she was 13. She finally confessed that her neighbor was molesting her and had been for a couple of years :(

Jasify Due September 2; 2 kids; South Carolina 31243 posts
9th Apr '11
Quoting Winning, Duh:" Bowel incontinence maybe?"

His mom told us his doctors have found nothing wrong with his bowel physically.

My Lil' Monsters 5 kids; 3 angel babies; Surprise, Arizona 4144 posts
9th Apr '11
Quoting Jassercise:" His parents are currently going through a divorce, but he has done this his entire life practically. "

more than likely the divorce is the top of it all....the issues have been going on then for much longer between the parents if they are divorcing and the child is reacting negatively if he has been doing this for a long time...

Supernatural Villeneuve-d'Ascq, France 30547 posts
9th Apr '11

My cousin had this same problem. He did it until he was like... man, 14 or so. I'm not sure why he did it, but he did grow up in a very abusive household and wasn't shown much love, if that could possibly have something to do with it.

Mrs. Dexter Morgan 18 kids; Massachusetts 37806 posts
9th Apr '11

Stress, bullying or trouble at home.