102.6 fever for a 11 month old... Amelia and Claytons Mommy Due October 14; TTC since Oct 2013; 2 kids; Fort Drum, New York 2857 posts
11th May '11

Does he need to go into the ER? Or should giving Tylenol be ok? He will be 1 on Saturday and he is around 26lbs.

[Bellas Mama*] 1 child; Pennsylvania 187 posts
11th May '11

Take him to the ER!!!!!!

Damon Salvatore 1 child; Christmas Island 7390 posts
11th May '11
Quoting Amelia and Claytons Mommy:" Does he need to go into the ER? Or should giving Tylenol be ok? He will be 1 on Saturday and he is around 26lbs."

Give him a small dose of tylenol. Thats all the ER will do.

♥Mrs.Garcia 18 kids; Houston, Texas 13802 posts
11th May '11

has he had the fever for more than 24 hours? Is he breathing hard or having trouble breathing? Is he throwing up or has diarrhea? Is there a rash? Is his lymphoid swollen?

Is no to all these questions... wait it out for 24 hours and take him in. You can give him some tylenol.

What are the other symptoms?

Amelia and Claytons Mommy Due October 14; TTC since Oct 2013; 2 kids; Fort Drum, New York 2857 posts
11th May '11
Quoting ♥ GarciaMommy{EBF}:" has he had the fever for more than 24 hours? Is he breathing hard or having trouble breathing? Is he ... [snip!] ... all these questions... wait it out for 24 hours and take him in. You can give him some tylenol. What are the other symptoms?"

he's been cranky all day but no fever. Just woke up with the fever. His breathing seems fine. Now that I'm actually looking at him he does have tiny spots on him you have to really be looking to tell. He has had so runny poop..kinda yellowish color too. and not sure how to tell about the lymphoid.

Hello Mommy 3 kids; Avondale, Arizona 95 posts
11th May '11
Quoting Amelia and Claytons Mommy:" he's been cranky all day but no fever. Just woke up with the fever. His breathing seems fine. Now that ... [snip!] ... to really be looking to tell. He has had so runny poop..kinda yellowish color too. and not sure how to tell about the lymphoid."

Give him Tylenol and monitor him, especially his spots you're seeing, breathing, and behavior. If the rash becomes a full-on rash, check it by pressing against the spots (try using a clear glass so you can see them while they are pressed on) - if they lighten, they are likely nothing to worry about. If they don't lighten, take him to the ER as it could be something serious.

His lymph nodes are to the left and right of his throat, directly under his jaw. If they are swollen, it is an indication that his body is fighting off a viral or bacterial infection. si2073.jpg
Some in-depth information that you may want to read over:

Info on when to worry about swollen lymph nodes
Baby Poop 101
Diagnosing Diarrhea
Fever Information
Rashes, types, when to worry, etc.

If his fever gets worse or does not change by morning, I'd at least call his doctor and see what they say, or go to the ER. If he has diarrhea, keep him hydrated - try Pedialyte or other generic drinks like it. If he seems to be having discomfort in his neck, go to the ER. You're around him 24/7, no one knows him better than you do, so if something just doesn't feel right to you, trust your instincts and take him in to the ER - better safe than sorry.

Good luck, doll! I hope he feels better soon! :)

Amelia and Claytons Mommy Due October 14; TTC since Oct 2013; 2 kids; Fort Drum, New York 2857 posts
11th May '11
Quoting Hello Mommy:" Give him Tylenol and monitor him, especially his spots you're seeing, breathing, and behavior. If the ... [snip!] ... you, trust your instincts and take him in to the ER - better safe than sorry. Good luck, doll! I hope he feels better soon! :)"

thank ya for the information!!

I'm thinking he could just be teething. His 1 year molars. He's just been a little cranky at times today, but nothing to be really worried about. I just got off the phone with a friend from back home and she said the spots I'm seeing could be like a heat rash.

It's been a while since I had a small get sick so when I felt he was burning up and took the temp I kinda freaked out!!:oops:

♥Mrs.Garcia 18 kids; Houston, Texas 13802 posts
11th May '11
Quoting Amelia and Claytons Mommy:" thank ya for the information!! I'm thinking he could just be teething. His 1 year molars. He's just ... [snip!] ... It's been a while since I had a small get sick so when I felt he was burning up and took the temp I kinda freaked out!!:oops:"

Hope he feels better. My son gets fevers sometimes after a nap and then the next day around the same time the fever brakes. It could be hay fever or a cold. The ER won't do anything but give him tylenol. Tell you to monitor his condition. After 24 hours though, you should give your pedi a call. If he experiences any breathing problems or his soft spot is bulging (I don't know how old he is) or he seems really lathargic... call 911. But it doesn't seem like its nothing big... How is he doing today?

11th May '11
Quoting ♥ GarciaMommy{EBF}:" Hope he feels better. My son gets fevers sometimes after a nap and then the next day around the same ... [snip!] ... how old he is) or he seems really lathargic... call 911. But it doesn't seem like its nothing big... How is he doing today?"

He's been crabby all day!! Crying a lot and tries to sleep, but can't sleep very well. My in-laws just came in today to visit too and last time he saw them he was 4 months old so they are strangers to them so that makes him cry even more. I'm hoping he'll wake up being a happy baby again!!!