2 days past due date... Jessi and her love bird Due May 17; Whittier, California 60 posts
21st May '11

I was due on 5/18 and had a checkup yesterday. My cervix is soft, but still high and completely closed. The baby has dropped a little, but not enough.

Has anyone gone past their due date with a closed cervix and then had their baby in the next few days? I'm hoping things get moving SOON! :cry:

shmvogt 19 kids; Rimbey, Alberta 533 posts
21st May '11

3-4 days after due date

*Bun #2 baking* Due January 21; 49 kids; Winston-Salem, North Carolina 1149 posts
21st May '11
Quoting Jessi and her love bird:" I was due on 5/18 and had a checkup yesterday. My cervix is soft, but still high and completely closed. ... [snip!] ... past their due date with a closed cervix and then had their baby in the next few days? I'm hoping things get moving SOON! :cry:"

ive been dialated to a 3 since 33 weeks, and im almost 2 weeks overdue, shes still not low enough. grrr...good luck!

Breezy and Double D 3 kids; Wasilla, Alaska 3568 posts
21st May '11

<blockquote><b>Quoting Jessi and her love bird:</b>" I was due on 5/18 and had a checkup yesterday. My cervix is soft, but still high and completely closed. ... [snip!] ... past their due date with a closed cervix and then had their baby in the next few days? I'm hoping things get moving SOON! :cry:"</blockquote>

Yeah 5 days past due and I went from 1 cm and 50% effaced to
holding my baby girl in under two hours.

woman hater Utah 16403 posts
21st May '11

youre not 'over due'
over due is when you go past 42 weeks.
youre a few days past your estimated due date. which can be off.

Jessi and her love bird Due May 17; Whittier, California 60 posts
21st May '11

I'm scared because I'm planning a natural water birth with a midwife in a freestanding birth center with no interventions, and it looks like this kid is just way too comfy.

I DON'T WANT TO GO TO A HOSPITAL! Of course, I will if baby is in danger, but I don't wanna! I have an appointment for an ultrasound and fetal monitoring on Tuesday to make sure it's safe to stick to our birth plan. I'm hoping she'll decide to come out before then. :)

21st May '11
Quoting Calvyn's Mommy:" youre not 'over due' over due is when you go past 42 weeks. youre a few days past your estimated due date. which can be off."

Ok, I changed my post title! :lol:

I'm just concerned that I am "due" and it seems like nothing is happening.

21st May '11
Quoting shmvogt:" 3-4 days after due date"

When did you begin to dilate?

21st May '11
Quoting BrooklynnsMommy(3{left}):" ive been dialated to a 3 since 33 weeks, and im almost 2 weeks overdue, shes still not low enough. grrr...good luck!"

How frustrating! Have you been contracting at all? I haven't. :(
Good luck to you, too! Are they planning to induce you?

21st May '11
Quoting Brianna's Mama:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Jessi and her love bird:</b>" I was due on 5/18 and had a checkup ... [snip!] ... Yeah 5 days past due and I went from 1 cm and 50% effaced to holding my baby girl in under two hours."

I hope it goes quickly for me, too! :)

*Stella's Mommy.* Due July 9; 1 child; Apple Valley, California 79 posts
21st May '11

I was due on the 13th! I went to the dr yesterday and im still not dialated and cervix is soft but still closed! I go in for my induction tomorrow night!

*Bun #2 baking* Due January 21; 49 kids; Winston-Salem, North Carolina 1149 posts
21st May '11
Quoting Jessi and her love bird:" How frustrating! Have you been contracting at all? I haven't. :( Good luck to you, too! Are they planning to induce you?"

ive had some uncomfortable BHs but nothing major. Thanks :) my c section is on Tuesday thank goodness!

21st May '11
Quoting BrooklynnsMommy(3{left}):" ive had some uncomfortable BHs but nothing major. Thanks :) my c section is on Tuesday thank goodness!"

Congrats on your new daughter! I hope your first days at home are easy.

21st May '11
Quoting Andee Meza:" I was due on the 13th! I went to the dr yesterday and im still not dialated and cervix is soft but still closed! I go in for my induction tomorrow night!"

I hope things go smoothly! Wishing you an easy L&D. :)

*Stella's Mommy.* Due July 9; 1 child; Apple Valley, California 79 posts
21st May '11
Quoting Jessi and her love bird:" I hope things go smoothly! Wishing you an easy L&D. :)"

Thanks=] I hope your LO comes out soon I know how uncomfortable it is for you!! I have been soo frustrated these last couple weeks I've broken down in tears cuz she wasn't out yet lol.