103.2 temp bad? BiG GIrl PAntS 2 kids; Missouri 2529 posts
22nd May '11

Is a 103.2 a temp i should run my 2 1/2 year old to the E.R. for? I get so confused on what is considered high for a toddler?

+Alyssa+ Schnecksville, Pennsylvania 3141 posts
22nd May '11

Call your pediatrician's office, there should be a nurse on call to let you know.

Rette Mich 1 child; Texas 27603 posts
22nd May '11

Depends, is the toddler not really moving around, not drinking, not peeing? If so then yes take the child in. If not maybe try to keep bringing it down.

BSS Due October 26; 17 kids; San Diego, 418 posts
22nd May '11

from my understanding anything 103+ is considered a high temp. i would take her in, but you should call first just to make sure

SmilingLikeADonut 19 kids; Olympia, Washington 1214 posts
22nd May '11

Thats high for a toddler, are you able to get it down with tylanol?

Shibby. 2 kids; Mississippi 8169 posts
22nd May '11

Depends on the other symptoms. I usually break the fever and keep it down with tylenol and motrin alternatating, Fluid, and luke warm baths. Until I can get him to a pedi anyway. I hate ERs

BiG GIrl PAntS 2 kids; Missouri 2529 posts
22nd May '11

I gave her som meds and gave her a bath and it was still 103.2, in the bath i nearly had to hold her up cause i thought she was either falling asleep or trying to pass out . I layed her down in bed and put her favortie cartoon on, i then gave her just a hair more motrin to try and bring it down, but not enough to over dose her..... I cant get her to drink anything, not sure about the peeing have to keep an eye on it.

Shibby. 2 kids; Mississippi 8169 posts
22nd May '11
Quoting Mi$$y:" I gave her som meds and gave her a bath and it was still 103.2, in the bath i nearly had to hold her ... [snip!] ... but not enough to over dose her..... I cant get her to drink anything, not sure about the peeing have to keep an eye on it."

Do you have any popsicles or ice cream

22nd May '11

I have popcicles but she wont wake up long enough to get her to eat one. I just went and took her temp again cause its been about 20 mins scince i gave her that hair more motrin and it was 103.5 this time.... think im gunna have to take her in.

I called my pedi they said they were closed and if it was an emergency to call 911

SmilingLikeADonut 19 kids; Olympia, Washington 1214 posts
22nd May '11

You can stack the motrin with tylanol to break a tough fever.

22nd May '11
Quoting SmilingLikeADonut:" You can stack the motrin with tylanol to break a tough fever."

yeah i did that as well, that was the dose i gave her before i gave her just hair more... hubby is trying the bath again and im offering a popcicle ... but im pretty sure we are gunna have to take her in.. i will let ya guys know.. thanks so much for the advice!

Mommy Melissa ♥ 2 kids; Ontario 1 posts
22nd May '11

If the fever won't break with medication, take her in.

My son had fevers over 106 but they always broke with tylenol.

Take her in!

River and Solara's Mommy 2 kids; New York 1575 posts
23rd May '11

A fever alone isnt anything to worry about...fever is good, its what fights the germs! I would only bring her in if she was acting weird....very lethargic, not eating/drinking. Dont run to the hospital just for the fever alone....what are her other symptoms???

23rd May '11

Turns out she had an ear infection in both ears. She just got off of an antibotic thursday and the fever creeped back up friday and got really bad sunday. So if she gets 1 more recently then she gets tubes.

Thanks for all your advice guys!

River and Solara's Mommy 2 kids; New York 1575 posts
24th May '11

Aw, hope she feels better soon!!!!