4 week old congestion Sarah2705 1 child; Los Angeles, California 735 posts
15th Jun '11

my 4 week old is very stuffy; no fever or change in appetite etc, just the stuffy nose... how can I help her?

No BOOBies McGee Due June 9 (girl); 1 child; Shamokin, Pennsylvania 3248 posts
15th Jun '11
Quoting Sarah2705:" my 4 week old is very stuffy; no fever or change in appetite etc, just the stuffy nose... how can I help her?"

Humidifier or sit in the bathroom with the hot water running so the steam can help decongest

Repeat Offender 34 kids; Bruchmühlbach-Miesau, Germany 4419 posts
15th Jun '11

Saline(gentle mist or normal kind very gently squeezed in) followed by the GIANT bulbous nasal sucker. It will be rough and look bad but it will help. Also sitting in a steamy bathroom will help break it up. Also make sure to use a cool mist humidifier in her room at night...

This is something I've been dealing with since my son was 12 days old.

Good luck

Flibbertigibbet 19 kids; Richland, Washington 9301 posts
15th Jun '11

My son was like that for the first few months. I had to use the little nose plunger (really called an aspirator(sp) lol) that they gave us at the hospital, I had to use it on him several times a day so he could breathe. Humidifiers or standing in the bathroom with the hot shower on helps as well. You can also make or buy a saline to squirt into their nose to loosen up the boogies.

lovebabyoder;) Due July 6; 1 child; Goshen, Indiana 20 posts
15th Jun '11

Humidifier makes a huge difference

Repeat Offender 34 kids; Bruchmühlbach-Miesau, Germany 4419 posts
15th Jun '11

Ps: don't squeeze the bulb in her nose. Squeeze out the air before putting the sucker in her nose

Sarah2705 1 child; Los Angeles, California 735 posts
15th Jun '11
Quoting Mama Krystle:" Ps: don't squeeze the bulb in her nose. Squeeze out the air before putting the sucker in her nose"

I was thinking of using it but wasn't sure... thanks ladies :)