35 wks and feels like water wants to pop ♥ Kuuipo ♥ Due July 31 (girl); 2 kids; California 20 posts
28th Jun '11

HI everyone .... I just wanted to know if any of you have ever felt this before? ive already been in preterm labor, but when i feel the baby pushing down on my cervix it also feels like as if my water wants to break! this is my 3rd baby but NEVER felt it with my other 2 any ideas????

Polly Dee 33 kids; La Porte, Indiana 4141 posts
28th Jun '11

IDK but I'm 34 weeks and feel like I have a cinder block strapped to my front. He's broken my rib and I can't even lean forward a little to eat my freaking soup he's so big and in the way! And I haven't gotten any measurements on his weight or height!

But I have felt on and off like my water wants to break too. Over the last couple of weeks I've gotten this pressure in my cervix then a "popping' sensation...no sound just feeling and it feels like an air bubble pop like air rushes out kinda. Idk it's TMI and hard to explain but I asked the doc and nurse practitioner about it and they said they have no idea what it could be. Is that kinda what you're talking about?

♥ Kuuipo ♥ Due July 31 (girl); 2 kids; California 20 posts
28th Jun '11

yea sort of... at times it feels like i might have little trickles coming out or like you said air butI asked my midwife about it and she told me it s just watery discharge but im not sure it is!!! cause sometimes my undies are a lil more wet than when you have discharge coming out! Sorry bout the TMI lol....

28th Jun '11
Quoting ♥ Kuuipo ♥:" yea sort of... at times it feels like i might have little trickles coming out or like you said air butI ... [snip!] ... sure it is!!! cause sometimes my undies are a lil more wet than when you have discharge coming out! Sorry bout the TMI lol...."

No I know what you're talking about. I had it soak mine a couple weeks ago. The second time it happened. I went to L&D and they had no explanation for it but said I did have a UTI and it was convenient I went in because I was having contractions steady and back to back and I didn't even know it! I've been searching all over the interweb trying to find what this "popping cervix" feeling means and I haven't found any answers!

♥ Kuuipo ♥ Due July 31 (girl); 2 kids; California 20 posts
28th Jun '11

same here ive been searching and cant find any explanation about this sensation ive been having along with achy mensrrual type cramping. My doc has been checking me for UTI's but i dont have any and they dont know why im also getting contractions but they hook me up to the monitors and it doesnt show. so im not entirely sure what to think. and now as im siting here typing it feels like tiny gushes are coming out when she is pushing down! lol

28th Jun '11
Quoting ♥ Kuuipo ♥:" same here ive been searching and cant find any explanation about this sensation ive been having along ... [snip!] ... sure what to think. and now as im siting here typing it feels like tiny gushes are coming out when she is pushing down! lol"

Sounds like both of us are in the same boat! I'm feeling the same thing...and hiccups...and a little arm swish across my pelvis...and I think he headbutted my cervix lol I'm so done! He's already broken a rib and my spine is curved now too...I don't think I can wait much longer :( lol I'm such a crybaby!

Out-numbered Mommy ; 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Luverne, MN, United States 901 posts
28th Jun '11

I have gotten this feeling too! Do you Mamas ever get an "excited" feeling (like when you ride a rollercoaster) in your bladder?

28th Jun '11
Quoting BabyBoy :D:" I have gotten this feeling too! Do you Mamas ever get an "excited" feeling (like when you ride a rollercoaster) in your bladder?"

Yea but not in a while

28th Jun '11
Quoting MsPollyAnna:" Yea but not in a while"

When he pushes down I get that feeling too.. and its really weird.. cuz I usually have a contracion right before!

kravenscookiejar 18 kids; Surprise, Arizona 20749 posts
28th Jun '11

My water literally BURST with my first child... I had no clue whatsoever it was coming.

28th Jun '11
Quoting BabyBoy :D:" When he pushes down I get that feeling too.. and its really weird.. cuz I usually have a contracion right before!"

Ah my contractions just feel like a ton of pressure but I get them when I have to pee and don't get up to go right away

28th Jun '11
Quoting MsPollyAnna:" Ah my contractions just feel like a ton of pressure but I get them when I have to pee and don't get up to go right away"

ME TOO! I have a contraction, get that feeling and still cant get up right away cuz it hurts sooo bad and I feel like I will pee myself!

28th Jun '11

I'm wondering if you guys have had this problem. My spine was perfectly straight before this pregnancy. I actually even recently had it checked for curvature before getting pregnant. Well the last few months I've been having DH rub the middle of my back cause it gets SO sore and hurts so bad and I get bad knots in that area...he noticed a couple days ago that my spine is now curved to the left in that area!

He says he thinks I'm going to need a back brace. I'm hoping it's just the baby weight pulling and it will fix itself after the baby is born or at least a chiropractor can fix it...but if not I really don't want to wear a damn back brace :(

Have you guys had that problem at all?

[.The Tiger Mistress*.] Due May 22 (girl); 3 kids; Sebring, Florida 2063 posts
28th Jun '11

I actually was about to post a topic asking about something similar to this!! I have this odd sensation when he kicks, like a snagging/popping sensation feels kind of like it did when my water broke with my daughter except it doesn't pop all the way. similar to like if it were being stretched almost to breaking point or snagged by accident. It hurts sometimes too! I'm 27 wks, almost 28 and been in preterm labor for the last two weeks..I really don't know how to explain it except that it's really a jarring feeling. I'm so worried sometimes that my water is gunna break or that he's wrapped himself up the wrong way.