31 weeks losing mucus plug nenedawn Due September 6; 2 kids; Texas 22 posts
6th Jul '11

ok, just want some opinions from others who've had subsequent pregnancies. with my oldest child i lost my mucus plug 3 weeks before he was born, with my second i dont really remember how long it was. this is my third pregnancy and i'm only 31 weeks. lost a large piece of my mucus plug this morning and dont want to call my doctor for something so stupid, as i noe labor can still be weeks away, just alil concerned thats weeks still wont put him at full term. just lookin for some opinions or personal experiences about losin your plug with subsequent pregnancies. btw, please noone give me the bloody show talk. there was not any blood or bloody tinge with my older children. ive heard that before," if it dont have any bloody tinge to it ur fine" thats a load of crap

C~ K&M's Mommy 18 kids; United Kingdom 6410 posts
6th Jul '11

I lost my mucus plug for weeks it regenerates so no worries unless its bloody tinged!

Kenzye and Chris' Mommy : 2 kids; Lebanon, Missouri 14524 posts
6th Jul '11
Quoting nenedawn:" ok, just want some opinions from others who've had subsequent pregnancies. with my oldest child i lost ... [snip!] ... tinge with my older children. ive heard that before," if it dont have any bloody tinge to it ur fine" thats a load of crap"

I lost mine with my second at 29 weeks...they watched me closely because I was having contractions and was at risk for pre-e...(which I did develop) but I made it to 38 weeks before they took him by c-section...

Emmiboo 1 child; United Kingdom 3270 posts
6th Jul '11

I lost my mucus plug at 29 weeks. It was clear. I had some pretty strong cramping for a couple of weeks too but then it settled down. since then I've had partial mucus pug loss with a bloody tinge ( I know u said don't mention bloody tinge but it was relevant lol) but the 29 week one was completely clear. I think if you aren't having cramping or regular BH and are quite comfortable then you should regenerate it and be fine for a few more weeks. Call your doctor if you want to, they won't mind you calling for reassurance after all that's what you are paying them for. Hope all s ok for you mama.