33 weeks lower back cramping Ozknativmama 17 kids; Fayetteville, Arkansas 2661 posts
11th Jul '11

I just woke up to my lower back cramping like menstrual cramps. I am 33 weeks due August 29, and am worried I may be going into preterm labor. Water has not broken, I have never felt these cramps before. Definitely not just back pain, I have been lying down for the last 8 hours! Anyone experience this right before going into preterm labor?? Need some input before I call my doctor..

Proud*Momma*of*Two! 2 kids; Ohio 178 posts
11th Jul '11

I had my first child at 32w and my preterm labor started with lower back cramps and menstrual like cramping.went to doc and i was 100% effaced and 1cm dilated....later that night i ended up getting my bloody show, contractions, and a water leakage....is your back cramping constant or come and go and how long have you been feeling it? any other symptoms?

Ozknativmama 17 kids; Fayetteville, Arkansas 2661 posts
11th Jul '11

No other symptoms. I woke up with it then walked it off. Hasn't come back yet which I am thankful for. But I am watching it. If it comes back I'm definitely calling the doc.

ESCg33k Due January 11 (girl); 3 kids; Mannsville, Oklahoma 1151 posts
11th Jul '11

I would at least call my doctor, or call the ER and see what they say. But being the worrywart that I am, I'd probably just go get checked out to be safe.

Proud*Momma*of*Two! 2 kids; Ohio 178 posts
11th Jul '11
Quoting [EarthyMummy]:" No other symptoms. I woke up with it then walked it off. Hasn't come back yet which I am thankful for. But I am watching it. If it comes back I'm definitely calling the doc. "

When I started cramping I started the night before and let it go all night and called doc in the morn, but mine was constant and getting worse. I didnt realize at the time that it was a preterm labor symptom=( I thought it was a normal pregnancy thing. I get that cramping feeling sometimes even now but it goes away pretty quickly. Definately dont hesitate to call if it comes back or gets worse!

11th Jul '11

I feel like if it was preterm labor, the cramps would be caused by the dilation, correct? So it wouldn't go away like this if it was real? *Hoping this is just a "normal pregnancy thing*

11th Jul '11

Yes, back pain is part of pregnancy. But I would just keep an eye on it. If it comes back and/or gets worse, then I'd go in.

Anna Dove Due July 18 (girl); 2 kids; Tennessee 11 posts
11th Jul '11

Quoting Proud*Momma{34 weeks}:" I had my first child at 32w and my preterm labor started with lower back cramps and menstrual like cramping.went ... [snip!] ... and a water leakage....is your back cramping constant or come and go and how long have you been feeling it? any other symptoms?"
when you got this checked...did they send you home or keep you? Im having kinda the same thing today..with the cramps. And its just making me anxious to kno if im going into labor. Im 39wks tho..so it would be more likely..lol
13th Jul '11

Ok so the cramps are back. Slightly worse. :?

13th Jul '11

You calling your doc today?
He/She may have you come in but good luck!

Are you hydrated? When I would start to get dehydrated I would have cramping and back pains. I'm not saying that's what yours is, but just a thought.