5 weeks 3 days pregnant and progesterone levels 9.2 hcg leve mmazing ! Due April 18 (girl); California 83 posts
25th Aug '11

ok so on 8/19 i went to the emergency room for spotting.. at the time i was at the ER the discharge was just light pink/brown discharge. they saw a little circle which said it was a baby. they also said i had a small subchorionic bleed. my HCG levels were 8,233 and i was about 4 1/2 week to 5.

yesterday 8/22 i went to see my gyno. she took my HCG levels and did an ultrasound. the ultrasound technician said i was about 5 weeks and 2 days and that she could see the ring that passes the nutrient to the baby. the tech said all looked good and i should be able to see a heartbeat by next week. when

i met with the gynecologist for the results she said , "IT'S NOT LOOKING GOOD" THE PREGNANCY IS NOT GOOD AT ALL. she said because she saw and empty sac and saw no fetal pole or heartbeat. after this she said is no need to go further with the pregnancy and ultrasounds. she thn changed it and said. will do and HCG level and take it from there.

so i just got my HCG LEVELS AND Are at 23,275 which she said they were great .. the bad news is my progesterone level is at 9.2 which she said are low..which i went today again to check my progesterone test..and i get my levels again tommorow. which has me stressed out..

i will be praying all goes well .. :(

if anyone has any words of advice

please feel free to reply.. tnx.

i will be praying everything goes

*J* 50 kids; 14412 posts
25th Aug '11

No idea but i am totally thinking of you and hoping all is well. Good luck mama.

Reba Skolaski Due November 4; Wisconsin 3 posts
25th Aug '11

hoping and praying for you!

*Mrs. Dwyer* 4 kids; Maple Plain, Minnesota 3247 posts
25th Aug '11

My progesterone with my son were 7.35 and I didn't take anything with him and he is here and healthy :D

My midwife said anything under five is a bad thing...so I wouldn't worry too much good luck!

Bean Bunny ❤ 1 child; California 12462 posts
25th Aug '11

Everything will be fine baby <3 you'll have Janet jr and Ill love her and spoil her forever.

mmazing ! Due April 18 (girl); California 83 posts
25th Aug '11
Quoting Janet ❤:" Everything will be fine baby <3 you'll have Janet jr and Ill love her and spoil her forever."

:oops:

nathaniel and angelique' Due November 22 (girl); 49 kids; New Mexico 3 posts
25th Aug '11

my levels were 8.2 at 4 1/2 weeks and the dr put me on progesterone sup.the dr told me they like to see the progesterone level at 20 or higher, i was on the sup. till i was 13 weeks along i am not 27 weeks and everything is going great! i will keep you in my prayers

mmazing ! Due April 18 (girl); California 83 posts
25th Aug '11
Quoting Jessica Arvizu:" my levels were 8.2 at 4 1/2 weeks and the dr put me on progesterone sup.the dr told me they like to see ... [snip!] ... i was on the sup. till i was 13 weeks along i am not 27 weeks and everything is going great! i will keep you in my prayers "

:) oh, ok. tnx

NoMistakin1sBakin:) Due June 21; 1 child; Arkansas 148 posts
25th Aug '11

Good Luck momma! Praying for you!

Beckers 34 kids; Illinois 2488 posts
25th Aug '11

I have always had low progesterone. And not to scare you, but I lost my first pregnancy to m/c because of it. Ever since I have taken supplements. There are prometrium pills, progesterone supposotories and even progesterone oil shots. (I take all 3). I do that until my levels are really good and they slowly take them away to monitor what the level does. Good luck

Sarah Roy Due January 25; USA 6 posts
25th Aug '11

I got pregnant from IVF. They had me doing a progesterone vaginal gel and at the time I got the positive HCG level my progesterone was only an 8. But I was told that it was common not to show up in the blood work bc it is absorbed directly into the cervix and uterus. 1 wk later I had another HCG level and progesterone test. My HCG levels increased as it should but my progesterone level was the same. They werent worried and had me carry on with the supplements. At 5 wks all we saw was a sac and no heart beat until at least 6 wks. I stayed on the supplements until 10wks. I had another u/s and since everything looked well was allowed to quit the supplement cold turkey. I am currently 18wks and all is well. If your level comes back low again a supplement should do the trick until the placenta takes over your hormone production around the 10wk mark. I am a little wary that your OB/GYN was so quick to give up on your pregnancy at such an early phase. Some don't see a heartbeat until a week or more after 6wks.

Mary Jackson 21 kids; Missouri 235 posts
25th Aug '11

Don't worry about that yet mine were low at first also but they kicked in. If the don't start kicking in they can give you progesterone meds. to elevate them. Good Luck.