28 weeks and still low lying placenta. 7 lucky charms Due February 28; 7 kids; Ireland 1935 posts
27th Aug '11

so had a scan this week and the placenta is still covering the cervix.have another scan in 4 weeks again at 32 weeks,to see if theres any chance of a vaginal birth.

so what i wanna know is , how many of u ladies have had a low lying placenta at this stage of ur pregnancy and gone on to had a vaginal birth or should i just get my head around the fact that i'll be having a section this time round?

this could be my 1st section and i've never had an op of any sort before so am a bit worried about it, pain wise and how long it will take to recover from it.

bex1988 Due November 24; 1 child; Totnes, United Kingdom 81 posts
27th Aug '11

i did have but luckly it has moved up with the gowth of the womb !!!
i hope urs does move vaginal is so much better the c section !! gd luck

Oceani 33 kids; Australia 2332 posts
27th Aug '11

I haven't got this problem but have heard acupuncture can help immensely in this situation.

27th Aug '11
Quoting Oceani:" I haven't got this problem but have heard acupuncture can help immensely in this situation."

really never heard of that wud b interesting to hear if that really does work!!!

27th Aug '11
Quoting bex1988:" really never heard of that wud b interesting to hear if that really does work!!!"

This is according to one lady's experience...

"my placenta previa treatments are working wonderful
i was told at 27 weeks i have medial placenta previa, and put on bed rest.
After 6 weeks of bed rest, Acupuncturemag-glass_10x10.gif weekly, Cranial Sacral Thereapy (fascia release), positive thinking and convincing my baby to aid in the process of earning a natural birth: I am now completely off bedrest and my placenta moved 5 cm away from the cervical opening.

So please ladies if your are in a previa case, keep your hope alive and look for a community accupuncturists, a certified cranial sacral therapists, and start talking to your baby. This is my second pregnany and i am 23 years old. due in a few days. We are going to follow through with this birth naturally, wish me luck!"

27th Aug '11
Quoting Oceani:" This is according to one lady's experience... "my placenta previa treatments are working wonderful ... [snip!] ... pregnany and i am 23 years old. due in a few days. We are going to follow through with this birth naturally, wish me luck!""

wow amazing !!!!

27th Aug '11
Quoting bex1988:" wow amazing !!!!"

I think being in that kind of position id try anything.
There are many more testimonials about how it moved away. Truly amazing.. :)

7 lucky charms Due February 28; 7 kids; Ireland 1935 posts
27th Aug '11

was hoping it would move up as the baby grew. they told me at 17 weeks it was totally covering the neck of the womb. it only has 4 weeks to move and it hasn't moved much in 11 weeks. will look up the acupuncture.thanks.

Tammy Crew Due April 1; Australia 1 posts
27th Aug '11

I had Placenta Previa all the way through my pregnancy till the 36 weeks when they scanned it had moved finally so I was lucky and was able to give birth myself,Spent most of the pregnancy on bed rest and in hospitals due to big bleeds but still it eventually moved,Fingers crossed yours moves real soon xx

angeliquedes 1 child; Connecticut 115 posts
27th Aug '11

They told me mine is low lying...I'm 27 weeks wright now. I go again in 4 or so weeks to get evaluated. If they say I need a csection I'm getting one. I don't want to bleed to death if something goes wrong. I want a natural birth which is the best way but in this case I'm looking out for myself cause I don't want to risk never seeing my baby because I was selfish and wanted a natural birth. In the end it's your choice, but I'm more of one to err on the side of caution.

Tasha White Due December 28; United Kingdom 2 posts
27th Aug '11

hi i have a low lying placenta and have to have a scan at 36 weeks to see if it has moved or not! i have been told if it is still lying low at 36 weeks i will have to have a c-section which i really do not want! so my question is how many of you have had a low lying placenta at my stage and it has moved before birth? thank you

27th Aug '11
Quoting Tammy Crew:" I had Placenta Previa all the way through my pregnancy till the 36 weeks when they scanned it had moved ... [snip!] ... pregnancy on bed rest and in hospitals due to big bleeds but still it eventually moved,Fingers crossed yours moves real soon xx"

36 weeks so theres still hope it might move up.i haven't had any bleeeding at all. thank god. at least if they scan me in 4 weeks and say no still not moved i might be able to buy myself another 4 weeks.thanks.

27th Aug '11
Quoting angeliquedes:" They told me mine is low lying...I'm 27 weeks wright now. I go again in 4 or so weeks to get evaluated. ... [snip!] ... I was selfish and wanted a natural birth. In the end it's your choice, but I'm more of one to err on the side of caution. "

theres no way i would put my son or myself at any risk. if i have to have one well i have to have one and thats the end of it. but now i know it can move right up to the 36th so if theres no reason like bleeding or anything between now and then i'd rather hold out to 36 weeks.then its up to the docs.

27th Aug '11
Quoting Tasha White:" hi i have a low lying placenta and have to have a scan at 36 weeks to see if it has moved or not! i have ... [snip!] ... not want! so my question is how many of you have had a low lying placenta at my stage and it has moved before birth? thank you"

how many weeks along are u now?

MamaKitty4 4 kids; Tucson, Arizona 158 posts
27th Aug '11

Glad I found this i find out a next Friday if my placenta moved up I'll be 29 weeks then wish me luck!!!!