38 weeks with extreme lower back pain? ~*Lesley Sammi's Mommy*~ 18 kids; Middleburg, Pennsylvania 148 posts
20th Sep '11

Hello mamas I'm 38 weeks and 1 day pregnant and I've been having really bad lower back pain that is constant and I've tried taken a hot shower and had it on my lower back but it didn't help at all.
Sitting kinda helps but not really and I can hardly walk. I'm drinking plenty of water and my tummy tightens every now and then but nothing timeable.

Can someone please help on what I could do? I've also tried a heating pad and a cold pack.

Please help last time this happend they had me go into labor and delivery and montored me and said I was having contractions but sent me home. This has been happening for the last 3 hrs exactly. And it's constant

Mistie Chandler Due October 30; Washington 1107 posts
20th Sep '11
Quoting ~*Lesley 38 wks*~:" Hello mamas I'm 38 weeks and 1 day pregnant and I've been having really bad lower back pain that is constant ... [snip!] ... me and said I was having contractions but sent me home. This has been happening for the last 3 hrs exactly. And it's constant"

Well sadly you stay home and wait till your contractions get BAD.. Even if your in labor they might not keep you.. But they might..

Up to you.. Sounds like labor but early..

MissMommy20 2 kids; Michigan 317 posts
20th Sep '11

Im 36 weeks and havin lower back pain (alot) and Ive been having alot of stomach tighting aswell, With little to no pain, But it is really uncomfortable. This morning at 4 I woke up and went pee and I spotted. nothing bad tho. The tighting has been going on for like 3 days now. Its hard to sleep or get around. I have been wondering whats going on with me aswell, I mean aint it too early yet???

20th Sep '11
Quoting MissMommy20:" Im 36 weeks and havin lower back pain (alot) and Ive been having alot of stomach tighting aswell, With ... [snip!] ... days now. Its hard to sleep or get around. I have been wondering whats going on with me aswell, I mean aint it too early yet???"

Well If it were me the second I saw blood I would call your OB could be just losing your mucus plug or maybe you have had sex? Blood can be normal but not always be safe and call

20th Sep '11

I did call my OB this morning, She told me by the sounds of it the tighting is contractions and its not uncommon this far into pregnancy and she says my little man sounds to be getting closer to being born. My tighting/contraction are around 10 mins apart lasting a few mins each. But they are not exaclty 10 mins apart sometimes its shorter other times its longer, I cant really time mine either... Or if I move they happen every time, like standing or walking.

20th Sep '11
Quoting MissMommy20:" I did call my OB this morning, She told me by the sounds of it the tighting is contractions and its not ... [snip!] ... other times its longer, I cant really time mine either... Or if I move they happen every time, like standing or walking."

Drink lots of water.. And try laying on your left side.. If you want to keep baby in if not go run till its time to go to L&D

20th Sep '11

I havent had sex in weeks. lol It wasnt mucusy... lol But Idk my OB suggested it was my bloody show as well.

20th Sep '11

LOL I wounldnt mind him coming now, My doctor said he will be fine if born any time from a few weeks back to his due date, But Im just not sure whats going on with me... Like If its just normal pregnancy stuff or something more serious and I should have checked out. I have a OB appt on Friday. So Im also not sure if I should just wait until then. Ive been off my feet pretty much all day everyday jus because it relieves the pain. I guess a little of it may be im being lazy. lol I do have a 2 1/2 year old little girl and never had this issue with her...

20th Sep '11
Quoting MissMommy20:" I havent had sex in weeks. lol It wasnt mucusy... lol But Idk my OB suggested it was my bloody show as well."

So straight blood like spotting like a period? Is it bright red? I still would go to L&D..

As far as sex I am sorry I don't think I could go weeks lol

20th Sep '11

If I had it my way I wouldnt go weeks, My man doesnt seem to into me anymore.... He dont even touch me.. But it was a dark red.. Not light red or pink. But it didnt last long. Just when I wiped. My ribs also hurt really bad today, Its right under my chest they feel like someone beat the hell outta me and there all bruised :( My lil man has dropped and I can tell hes no longer up in my chest anymore...

20th Sep '11
Quoting MissMommy20:" If I had it my way I wouldnt go weeks, My man doesnt seem to into me anymore.... He dont even touch me.. ... [snip!] ... beat the hell outta me and there all bruised :( My lil man has dropped and I can tell hes no longer up in my chest anymore..."

Go in

Just saying..

~*Lesley Sammi's Mommy*~ 18 kids; Middleburg, Pennsylvania 148 posts
20th Sep '11

Yeah I don't want to go in too early and have them tell me to go home cause then it's very disappointing. I've been just trying to walk around and make them come on a little stronger.
Last time I went in I had sex and I was bleeding like someone stabbed me. But everything was fine but I had my appointment yest and I'm 2-2 1/2 cm dialated and a little more then 50% effaced so it's like I hope this is the real thing

20th Sep '11

Okay thank you, Im gonna call the birthing center and see what they think I should do.

20th Sep '11
Quoting ~*Lesley 38 wks*~:" Yeah I don't want to go in too early and have them tell me to go home cause then it's very disappointing. ... [snip!] ... my appointment yest and I'm 2-2 1/2 cm dialated and a little more then 50% effaced so it's like I hope this is the real thing"

It is dissapointing to be just sent back home, Thats the only reason I dont even want to go in... I know ill be sent back home, Im not having pain from contractions except there making my back hurt really bad!!!

20th Sep '11
Quoting ~*Lesley 38 wks*~:" Yeah I don't want to go in too early and have them tell me to go home cause then it's very disappointing. ... [snip!] ... my appointment yest and I'm 2-2 1/2 cm dialated and a little more then 50% effaced so it's like I hope this is the real thing"

Walk walk walk and have lots of sex.. That all help to get babies out..