17 weeks and having painful cramps:( Jayden&Dean'sMommy 2 kids; Oceanside, California 166 posts
29th Sep '11

So I woke up early this morning with lower abdomen pain... It hurt so bad I started crying (which is bad considering I have a high pain tolerance). It went away after a couple hours... then right before I had to get my son from the bus stop it happened again. It's not gas, I know what gas feels like. I called my Dr's office and she thinks it's the flu which I know it's not because I got the flu shot three weeks ago. I never had this pain with my son, so it's getting me a bit worried. Has this happened to anyone? The pain is hard to describe, all I know is it feels like I'm being stabbed with a knife. I hope you guys can help me a little more than my nurse could...

Jessica Reagan 2 kids; Oklahoma 1665 posts
29th Sep '11

I have kidney stones and that's what it feels like. Where is the pain?? My tends to be in my back, hip, front area.... kind of wraps around. Thats what it sounds like to me. When it doubt go to the ER

Just Ames 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Montego Bay, Jamaica 114793 posts
29th Sep '11

OK, "stabbing pains" sounds more like round ligament pains (IMO). Dull and achy (sort of like period cramps) are need for concern.

BUT

You can always go to the ER and they will send you to L&D for a NST.

Good luck :(

29th Sep '11
Quoting Just Ames:" OK, "stabbing pains" sounds more like round ligament pains (IMO). Dull and achy (sort of like period ... [snip!] ... cramps) are need for concern. BUT You can always go to the ER and they will send you to L&D for a NST. Good luck :("

I've had period cramps my entire pregnancy. I was told that was normal, part of the package

Jayden&Dean'sMommy 2 kids; Oceanside, California 166 posts
29th Sep '11

It's on the lower left side on the inside of my hip bone.

29th Sep '11

It doesn't feel like period cramps though...

29th Sep '11

I'm not a doctor but it sounds like kidney stones to me. Does it hurt less to be standing up/ walking? Hurt more to sit/lay down? Does the pain stay constantly but come in waves where it gets so bad you can't move or not move? It feels like someone is stabbing you? I would go to the ER, if it is that, then warning .... kidney stones just get worse.....

Paulina Lopez Due February 20; Colorado 6 posts
29th Sep '11

yess it has happened to me also i even ended up at the ER .. have you gotten checked for infections ? maybe thats whats causing the pain.. or an ovarian sist which was what i had

29th Sep '11
Quoting Jessica Reagan:" I've had period cramps my entire pregnancy. I was told that was normal, part of the package"

Oh really? Well, I had them at 29 weeks and thought eh, I'll call the OB. They had me come in right away and it's good they did cause I was in pre-term labor. Any pain you are unsure of during pregnancy should be addressed.

29th Sep '11

It hurts worse when I'm standing up... And when I got up to pee it hurt worse. I had my gull bladder removed when I was 17 because of stones. If it happens again I plan on going to the ER. My husband is on Duty and has the car so it will be a pain in the @$$ trying to get a hold of him which is why I'm trying to hold off until tomorrow.

29th Sep '11
Quoting Candice Pasquale:" It hurts worse when I'm standing up... And when I got up to pee it hurt worse. I had my gull bladder ... [snip!] ... and has the car so it will be a pain in the @$$ trying to get a hold of him which is why I'm trying to hold off until tomorrow."

Try to find someone to take you??

29th Sep '11
Quoting Candice Pasquale:" It hurts worse when I'm standing up... And when I got up to pee it hurt worse. I had my gull bladder ... [snip!] ... and has the car so it will be a pain in the @$$ trying to get a hold of him which is why I'm trying to hold off until tomorrow."

UTI maybe?

29th Sep '11

I don't think it's a UTI it's not a burning feeling, it's more like a pulled muscle feeling and my uterus feels really tight. They check for infections every Dr's appointment. My last one was 2 weeks ago.

29th Sep '11

We can just keep guessing but none of us will know. Go to the ER as soon as possible, they'll be able to take good care of you. GOOD LUCK!! Let me know how it goes!

29th Sep '11
Quoting Candice Pasquale:" I don't think it's a UTI it's not a burning feeling, it's more like a pulled muscle feeling and my uterus ... [snip!] ... muscle feeling and my uterus feels really tight. They check for infections every Dr's appointment. My last one was 2 weeks ago."

That sounds like round ligament and braxton hicks to me but I'm no Dr. I think you should be checked out. Better to be safe than sorry.