38 weeks...tight stomach...sharp vag pains...Help!!! 1 child; South Carolina 700 posts
2nd Oct '11

OK, so I am due in 12 days...and I went for a little walk earlier. I felt completely fine while walking and afterwards. It has been about 3 hours since my walk. Now all if the sudden my stomach is staying really tight barely easing up and I am having sharp vag pains when my stomach tightens. What is this....

r a e g a n [loki's mom] 17 kids; Gonzales, Louisiana 410 posts
2nd Oct '11

Early labor?

misanthrope 2 kids; Ramona, California 15431 posts
2nd Oct '11

Contractions or BH.

MsBecca1 Due October 21 (girl); 1 child; Florida 643 posts
2nd Oct '11

BH probably.

1 child; South Carolina 700 posts
2nd Oct '11

As you can probably tell this is my first....and my doctors cant tell me what contractions feel like...hell they wont even check to see if im dilated yet....

TashaMorgan 2 kids; Ladysmith, British Columbia 1831 posts
2nd Oct '11

Does resting help them at all? Do they get worse when you move around? They may be the real thing if you rest and drink water and they don't slow down or go away.

2nd Oct '11
Quoting TashaMorgan:" Does resting help them at all? Do they get worse when you move around? They may be the real thing if you rest and drink water and they don't slow down or go away."

Nothing helps them at all....but they aren't really timeable....they will 5 min apart then 10 min apart then back to 5...

Harley Hawker Due December 12 (boy); New York 7 posts
2nd Oct '11

myy doctor told my it feels like a rubber band squeezing around your stomachh and if they last for 45 seconds and occur every 5 minutess its laborr other than thatt its BH

2nd Oct '11
Quoting Harley Hawker:" myy doctor told my it feels like a rubber band squeezing around your stomachh and if they last for 45 seconds and occur every 5 minutess its laborr other than thatt its BH"

I have the rubber band feeling and they last about a min but they are all over the place when it comes to how far apart they are....I've also had bh contractions and they dont hurt my stomach was just kinda tight then it would stop....i havent had my stomach tighten and get this sharp pain before

Sarah Thompson Jackson Due November 27; 2 kids; Indiana 11 posts
2nd Oct '11

If that continues, I'd go to the E.R. You never know, and 38 weeks isn't all that "early" either....so I'd go in!

Chantal Sampson Ontario 2 posts
2nd Oct '11

Im due oct 11th and i have bin getting the pains in my snatch for a week or 2 the doc told me its just the bones moving n getting ready for labor and the tightness of your belly could be a couple things mine has bin tight the entire time ive bin prego...

Samantha Santiago Due October 11; New York 1 posts
2nd Oct '11

My due date is October 12th and it sounds like Im having the same pains, I have no idea what to do because they arent like at certain time intervals. I was just at the doctor on thursday and they said I wasnt dialated at all just open a finger tip.....:(

Chantal Sampson Ontario 2 posts
2nd Oct '11
Quoting Chantal Sampson:" Im due oct 11th and i have bin getting the pains in my snatch for a week or 2 the doc told me its just ... [snip!] ... ready for labor and the tightness of your belly could be a couple things mine has bin tight the entire time ive bin prego..."i was at the doctors on wendsay and he told me i wasnt even dialated either but today i lost the mucus plug and you only loose that if ur dialated
misanthrope 2 kids; Ramona, California 15431 posts
2nd Oct '11
Quoting Mommy To Be {11more days}:" I have the rubber band feeling and they last about a min but they are all over the place when it comes ... [snip!] ... dont hurt my stomach was just kinda tight then it would stop....i havent had my stomach tighten and get this sharp pain before"

Sounds like early labor to me. Good luck!

TashaMorgan 2 kids; Ladysmith, British Columbia 1831 posts
3rd Oct '11

My sisters contractions were anywhere from 5 minutes to 11 minutes apart when she delivered both her kids. My mom's were 5-15 with both of us. My contractions were 2 minutes but I was induced and they came on to quickly and strongly so I had a c-section because my son wasn't tolerating labor. Not all women are going to have regular time-able contractions. My OB expects the same thing that happened with both of them will happen with me if I go naturally this time.