38 weeks pregnant and lots of mucus. HELP PLEASE! Proud- Mama Due October 29; 3 kids; Cuba, Missouri 27 posts
16th Oct '11

Ok, I have 3 kids and pregnant with my 4th child but im experiecing new thing's with this pregnancy. As of today im 38 weeks and i am passing lots of yellow globs of mucus (no blood) and have to continusously wipe when i go to the bathroom! YUCK! It's freaking me out a little bit bc i have never experienced this before. Any idea's on what it could be??

user banned (boy); 2 kids; Fucking, Austria 36337 posts
16th Oct '11

your mucus plug.

2 Boys + 1 3 kids; New York 2063 posts
16th Oct '11

Could be your mucous plug. Ive have been this way for weeks now and im only 35 weeks.

ElleBelle (36 weeks) Due September 22; 1 child; 1 angel baby; Rio Rancho, NM, United States 22412 posts
16th Oct '11

yep i think its mucus plug..ive been that way for atleast 2.5 weeks now! its gross. gotta wipe like 10 times to get it out...ew tmi sorry!

Maddy Chester 17 kids; Gold Coast, Australia 361 posts
16th Oct '11

im 32 weeks and just started experiencing that lastnight

Proud- Mama Due October 29; 3 kids; Cuba, Missouri 27 posts
16th Oct '11

I thought there had to be blood if it was the mucus plug? Does this mean i have already lost it? ALso, should i be expecting to go into labor anytime now? Im already dialated at a 2!!

ElleBelle (36 weeks) Due September 22; 1 child; 1 angel baby; Rio Rancho, NM, United States 22412 posts
16th Oct '11
Quoting Proud- Mama:" I thought there had to be blood if it was the mucus plug? Does this mean i have already lost it? ALso, should i be expecting to go into labor anytime now? Im already dialated at a 2!!"

no it doesnt have to be bloody. i havent shed a drop of blood this whole pregnancy (even after some intense manly fingers went in to check my cervix a few times)..and no one knows when labor will come, but i hope for both of us it does..SOON (im 38 weeks as well) haha labor dust to us!!

Projectpaige 4 kids; Corona, California 876 posts
16th Oct '11

I had this with second pregnancy starting at 36 weeks and now with my third starting at 28 weeks...ive been told it is my plug and even though its annoying and gross you can still carry to term...good luck I know it sucks

16th Oct '11
Quoting Elliot Grace's Mommy!:" no it doesnt have to be bloody. i havent shed a drop of blood this whole pregnancy (even after some ... [snip!] ... no one knows when labor will come, but i hope for both of us it does..SOON (im 38 weeks as well) haha labor dust to us!!"

Oh ok that's what i have alway's heard. Thank you and goodluck to you also! Im having a c-section the 24th so no matter what she will be here in a week lol Im thinking it's my mucus plug now bc i just went to the potty AGAIN LOL and it was quater size this time eewww! So i take it your due around October 30th also?

16th Oct '11

yep its nov 1st, but docs have said anywhere from oct 28 to the 1st..it keeps varying but its pretty much the same date haha

16th Oct '11
Quoting Elliot Grace's Mommy!:" yep its nov 1st, but docs have said anywhere from oct 28 to the 1st..it keeps varying but its pretty much the same date haha"

lol Nice! Well good luck!! :)

Ashley; Kenley's Mommy! 1 child; Wisconsin 15117 posts
16th Oct '11

I started losing mine at 29 weeks. But sorry it doesn't always mean labor is near. :(

16th Oct '11
Quoting Ashley; Kenley's Mommy!:" I started losing mine at 29 weeks. But sorry it doesn't always mean labor is near. :("

lol not a problem. She will be here in a week come tomorrow anyways if not sooner lol My husband is working out of state right now and im home alone with our 3 kids so im just a bit freaked out and was wondering if i should be expecting it or not.