17 months old average height axle's mama 1 child; North Carolina 1691 posts
21st Mar '08

what the average hieght for a 17 month old? How tall was your baby at 17 months?

Linda [Mother to two!] 2 kids; Oklahoma 314 posts
22nd Mar '08

my son isn't 17 months old yet but he's about 29 1/2 inches tall for a 15 month old. How about you?

Zach&Evan&Jacob'sMom 3 kids; 7 angel babies; Fall Branch, Tennessee 48613 posts
23rd Mar '08

Not sure of the average height for a 17 month old, but my 11 1/2 month old son is 33 inches. He has been that tall since he was 10 months though. So taller than that maybe? I don't know though. Hm? Now I am interested in this! :)

23rd Mar '08

Okay, I looked this up in one of my child care books. This is what is says...

At 15 months, the average girl weighs about 22 pounds and is already almost 31 inches tall. The average boy weighs about 24 pounds and is 31 inches tall. Over the next three months, they'll each gain approximately 1 1/2 pounds and grow about an inch. By two, she'll be about 34 inches tall and weigh 27 pounds; he'll reach 36 inches and almost 28 pounds.

This was from my American Academy of Pediatrics book. Juat thought I would share! I hope that helps a little bit! :)

mommie_20042006 2 kids; Kennett, Missouri 39 posts
23rd Mar '08

Hmm then something aint right, lol. My daughter is 17 months and is only 28 inches and 17lbs but the doctors told me that she's small because i was small growing up but i just dont know why she's not getting any taller, lol. but i've been concerned about her because 2 weeks ago she just went through a muscle biopsy surgery because she's not walking or trying to bare weight on her legs and they think she might have a muscle problem but so far i havent gotten any results back yet. But since the surgery she's been alot more active and everything so hopefully she dont have a muscle problem!!!

official xbox smasher 18 kids; El Paso, Texas 70400 posts
23rd Mar '08

When my first was 17 months old she was a skinny little thing after she turned a year. She was about 23 pounds. I can't really remember the weight. She is tall for her age.

23rd Mar '08

My son is underweight too. I had him a month early and he was 4 lbs and 14.5 oz. He was 18 inches in length. Now he is 29 1/2 inches tall and weighs about 19 pounds. I didn't gain very much during my pregnancy but his pedi. said that as long as his weight gain is consistent then, there is really nothing to worry about.

25th Mar '08

I agree that each child's height and weight has many determining factors like birth age and genetics. Zachary's pedi has always said that as long as a child maintains a certain growth curve than everything is probably fine.

Landy Ray 2 kids; Horn Lake, Mississippi 3020 posts
25th Mar '08
Quoting Colin's Momma:
25th Mar '08

my goodness! Your 10 month old is tall! Yeah, every kid grows at different rates. Just like their feet! I work at Stride Rite and a lot of people assume that every 10 month old or 3 year old will have the same size feet. Hah!

26th Mar '08

landskeezy- Most people don't believe me either about how tall Zachary is. He has been 33 inches since he was 10 months old too. He was 21 inches at birth, so he has been growing roughly an inch a month. This past month was the first time that he didn't grow up. Weird! Anyway, I can't help that he is tall like his daddy! My hubby is over 6 foot tall, so I am sure Zachary will be on the tall side too.

Colin's Mommy- Zachary wears between a 5-6 depending on the shoe. I think it is funny that people assume that all child of a certain age wear the same size. I know a mommy that her LO is almost two months older than Zachary and she was between a 2-3. She is a few inches shorter than Zachary, so I am sure that makes some difference though. Rambling! :)

26th Mar '08

Zachary's Momma - I feel you about the daddy being tall. My fiance is 6 ft tall and our son has the longest legs and longest arms ever. We have a feeling he is going to be tall like his daddy as he gets older. He has quite an arm too. Hah, yeah everyone thinks that every child has the same size foot at a certain age. Then, they assume that I don't know what I'm doing and try to get me to grab a smaller size or even bigger sometimes! So sad.

I wonder how tall our son is going to be when he's two. Everytime he comes back from his grandparents' house which he stays there once a month for a whole week, it looks like he has grown so much.

26th Mar '08

Colin's Momma- It sounds like your son is gonna be tall too. I think that by the time that Zachary is in middle school that he is gonna be taller than me. LOL! I am an average height though, 5' 4". How rude about people thinking that you don't know what you are doing because of bring a couple different sizes. I am sure right off hand the parents don't know either!

26th Mar '08

Zachary's Momma - Yes, we have a feeling he's going to be tall. I'm about 5'5" so he's going to be taller than me! He causes a lot of trouble though for someone his size. Haha. Yeah, people look at me as if I don't know what I'm doing or because I'm asian and not black. No offense to anyone but I had a really rude customer one day and she treated me like crap because I wasn't black. Therefore she told the other girl I was working with who is black to help her instead. Sigh! What is this world coming to!

26th Mar '08

Colin's Momma- Isn't it funny all the trouble that our pint-size dudes can get into already?! LOL! That was rude of that girl! I don't see why your race should matter when it comes to helping some with shoes! Or anything else for that matter! People can be so stupid!