6 months pregnant and no weight gain?? Conner.Skylynn Due March 2 (girl); Ohio 9 posts
18th Nov '11

I am currently 6 months pregnant and i have not gained a pound.. i have actually lost like 13 pounds since i got pregnant.. but with my first pregnancy i gained alot of weight.. I am concerned that i havent gained any weight but the doctor told me i should only gain 10 pounds thru out the whole pregnancy.. anyone else in this same boat???

BlackVelvet 1 child; 1 angel baby; Aurora, Illinois 4350 posts
status 18th Nov '11

Im the begining of my pregnancy i lost nearly 30lbs and Im 8 and a half months now and i only gained 11 of it back so far. I average about 1-2lbs per appointment now. So its perfectly normal.. My doc doesnt want me to gain no more than 15-20lbs. He measures my stomach every time im there and my belly grows with each visit.

ChelsJ Due March 21; 2 kids; Kansas 51 posts
18th Nov '11

i was with me 2nd baby. lost 20 pounds and then gained only 15 back. she was a heathy 6lb 3oz baby and i was already back to my prebaby weight before i was home from the hospital

Emma and Marcus' mommy 2 kids; Missouri 254 posts
18th Nov '11

I didn't gain anything till my last 2 months, then I gained 20lbs fast. I gave birth to a 9lb 4oz baby and currently weigh 5 pounds less than I did before I got prego. (Baby will be 3 weeks on Tuesday.) As long as the doc isn't worried, I wouldn't be.

Sirena Haywood 2 kids; Maine 105 posts
18th Nov '11

I am 34 weeks pregnant with my second child and I have lost 2- 5 pounds at each appointment I have been to since I got pregnant the doctors have said it is fine because the baby is growing...... with my daughter who is 4 now I lost a lot of weight I was 215 when I got pregnant with her and I was 180 after I had her they told me that I gained 7 pounds the whole pregnancy but I don't think I did........ this time around I was 223 when I got pregnant and I am down to 209 I have never had morning sickness and I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day my doctor told me that sometimes the baby takes the extra fat that you take in and so you don't gain weight only the baby does and on top of that if you exercise you lose stored fat

Jamie Russo Due February 8; Wisconsin 3 posts
18th Nov '11
Quoting Conner.Skylynn:" I am currently 6 months pregnant and i have not gained a pound.. i have actually lost like 13 pounds ... [snip!] ... any weight but the doctor told me i should only gain 10 pounds thru out the whole pregnancy.. anyone else in this same boat???"

Hey CS! :) I wouldnt worry. With my first sone I didnt gain weight until the last month. I'm currently on baby boy #3, and I just had my 28 week check up today, where I found out I lost another 6lbs for a total loss of about 28lbs. It's actually more normal as long as you're not getting sick constantly. My dr told me as long as I'm able to eat and keep water down, things should be good. He also told me weight loss is NOT uncommon in pregnancy, especially if a woman is overweight to begin with at the start of pregnancy. IDK if you are overweight or not, but if your dr says it's okay, then go with it hun! :D Good luck with everything!

Conner.Skylynn Due March 2 (girl); Ohio 9 posts
18th Nov '11

Yeah when i got pregnant i was 181 which is over weight for only being like 5'3 5'4.. Now i am 168.. I just didnt think it was normal cause with my son i lost like 10 pounds and gained all that back plus like 35 extra pounds.. i just thought if i wasnt gaining weight that meant that the baby wasnt gaining weight..

Sirena Haywood 2 kids; Maine 105 posts
19th Nov '11

Nope they used to think that if the mother did not gain weight then the baby does not gain weight, but now they know that as long as your belly is growing the baby is growing and if you are over weight you don't need to gain very much weight or even none at all it is more for people who are under weight who have to gain weight because usually if you are under weight your body is not properly using food or a person who is under weight is not eating enough calories but as long as you eat well balanced meals you will be fine and so will the baby..... the thing that makes people who are over weight lose weight during pregnancy I think is that you want to eat healthy to keep the baby healthy so you eat balanced meals that you might not have eaten before so it would make you lose weight