17 weeks bleeding or spotting? Megan Renee [17 weeks] Due May 3; 16 kids; Claremore, Oklahoma 233 posts
28th Nov '11

So, I feel stupid for asking some of these questions but you girls seem to be the only ones who know what's going on. If I Google, it always gives me the worst or somethig it seems like.

So, I'm 17 weeks & I had some mucus discharge, enough to cover ny underwear and drop in the toilet. Now I am kinda constipated, so I went to use the bathroom, strained a little, wiped and blood was coming from the front. I have some cramps and my back hurts a little, but it could e because I have horrible gas right now, I think due to the constipation.

Has anyone had this at all at 17 weeks?

.Mommy.[40] 18 kids; Beverly Hills, California 21297 posts
28th Nov '11

Have you had sex or an exam? If not, you need to get to the dr or hospital.

Kells. 18 kids; f**king, Austria 17622 posts
28th Nov '11

Your certain the blood was coming from your vagina, and not your anus? How much blood was it?
The discharge and a little spotting is normal, my OB says. I'm 15 weeks and have had both since I found out I was pregnant. The baby has been checked multiple times and is fine.

......................... TTC since Nov 2011; 1 child; 3 angel babies; somewhere =), NY, United States 3785 posts
28th Nov '11

Not trying to scare you but go get checked out. I had the same crampy feeling and it ended in a m/c. But good luck it maybe nothing just better to be safe.

Megan Renee [17 weeks] Due May 3; 16 kids; Claremore, Oklahoma 233 posts
28th Nov '11

I had sex, but earlier this morning. My vagina has been really dry after starting this new medication.

.Mommy.[40] 18 kids; Beverly Hills, California 21297 posts
28th Nov '11
Quoting Megan Renee [17 weeks]:" I had sex, but earlier this morning. My vagina has been really dry after starting this new medication."

Okay, because bleeding after sex is completely normal :D

28th Nov '11

It wasn't a lot, barely visible, actually. I wiped a couple more times & it was still there but again, baely even visible.

28th Nov '11

Is it normal for me not to bleed all day after the sex, then just suddenly start spotting?

28th Nov '11
Quoting Megan Renee [17 weeks]:" It wasn't a lot, barely visible, actually. I wiped a couple more times & it was still there but again, baely even visible."

That coupled with the intercourse, I'd say your fine, but I'm not a doctor. Just monitor the bleeding and your cramps. If either get worse, call your OB ASAP.

......................... TTC since Nov 2011; 1 child; 3 angel babies; somewhere =), NY, United States 3785 posts
28th Nov '11
Quoting Megan Renee [17 weeks]:" Is it normal for me not to bleed all day after the sex, then just suddenly start spotting?"

It could be normal. Maybe your uterus or cervix was irritated after sex.

28th Nov '11

Yeah, I had some white discharge too earlier, which made me think a possible yeast infection. Could that cause blood?

28th Nov '11
Quoting Megan Renee [17 weeks]:" Yeah, I had some white discharge too earlier, which made me think a possible yeast infection. Could that cause blood?"

Have you had any vaginal itching? When I had a yeast infection with my first pregnancy, I had HORRIBLE itching.

28th Nov '11

Yeah, it has been really itchy and dry.

Bubble Bum Due August 17 (boy); 1 child; Imperial, California 2905 posts
28th Nov '11

What color was the blood ?? I spotted at 8 weeks and 17-20 weeks and my Dr. told me as long as its brownish (old blood) then i'm fine and i don't need to call or get checked

But from the other things you were saying you might have an infection i had one the WHOLE 1st trimester it sucks then i would go get check and tell them whats up .. good luck mama

SamanthaCG Due June 12 (girl); 2 kids; Tennessee 133 posts
28th Nov '11

Since it's just light bleeding (discharge is normal, for anyone who is pregnant bleeding or not) You may want to make an appointment for an ultrasound to make sure you don't have anything ripping. All the Doctor will say is to not have sex, and that they'll keep checking on it. But, don't try going to the ER, they won't do anything for you unless your bleeding heavily. And the cramps may be from all of your bones and everything inside moving into where it's supposed to be. Just monitor the bleeding, don't stress over it because stressing can cause bleeding. And that's really all you can do as of right now.