20 month old and benadryl Sheldon & Elora's Momma Due July 19; TTC since Aug 2013; 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Lansing, Michigan 1425 posts
3rd Dec '11

Our doctor office said that we are able to give our son benadryl for allergies but the amount is based on his weight. Can anyone tell me the dosing for a 32 lb child please. TIA

user banned California 4056 posts
3rd Dec '11

5 ml/ 1tsp

Taylor Henderson 2 kids; New Jersey 162 posts
3rd Dec '11

my pedi said 1/2 the dose of childrens benadryl. My son was smaller than 32 lbs at this time. so i think its half a tsp, but youd have to check the bottle.

casi Due April 29; 3 kids; Ohio 147 posts
3rd Dec '11

ou can call any pharmacist and ask. Our pharmacist at our walmart will actually take the time and look it up for us. I would always take thel lowest dosage and then divide in half. thats what we do with our girls.

Sheldon & Elora's Momma Due July 19; TTC since Aug 2013; 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Lansing, Michigan 1425 posts
3rd Dec '11

the bottle says you shouldn't use it with children under 4 years old though so doesn't have the dosing for his age/weight

3rd Dec '11

you can still give it to him. Your ped. said it was okay. The companys have to put that on their products. They say you shouldnt give you child iunder a certain age certain meds but you can just cut the dosage. We have 3 kids and we do with the oldest 2. If its for his allergies you can also try claritan cuz you can get that for ages 2 and up if that makes you feel more comfortable. But just do have the dose if you do benedryl

user banned 2 kids; Hamilton, Ontario 19220 posts
3rd Dec '11

Do you guys not have childrens benadryl there?

user banned 1 child; Boston, Massachusetts 30985 posts
3rd Dec '11

5cc of childrens benedryl (12.5 mg per 5ml)

ive been giving my baby benedryl since 2 months. the pedi said you can pretty much give it like candy. lol

Sheldon & Elora's Momma Due July 19; TTC since Aug 2013; 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Lansing, Michigan 1425 posts
4th Dec '11

there is children's benadryl in Michigan but the label reads not for children under 4

4th Dec '11

u can use it still just cut the dosage in half.

user banned California 4056 posts
4th Dec '11

It is the 5 ml. My son has been taking Benedryl for a year, now. He is 22 months, currently, and 32 lbs. He can take it every 6 hours.

Lily's Mama 1 child; Washington 476 posts
4th Dec '11
Quoting shes*almost*one!:" 5cc of childrens benedryl (12.5 mg per 5ml) ive been giving my baby benedryl since 2 months. the pedi said you can pretty much give it like candy. lol"

Really? They aren't supposed to have it 'til over 6 months of age. Of the four pedis I work with, not one of them recommends it until they are over 12 months unless it is the last resort.