39 weeks severe back pain Rachael Montgomery Due December 21 (boy); Kentucky 24 posts
15th Dec '11

I am 39 weeks today, and all day I have had pretty bad pain in my lower back all day, I have tried to lay down with a pillow between my knees, i have taken some Tylenol so i'm hoping that will help. Could this be me trying to go into labor? I had been having contractions for about a week but today i haven't had any just lots of pain. Oh and pressure in my lower stomach.

ThatsMrsMartin2U Due February 28; 17 kids; Alabama 1024 posts
15th Dec '11

does it feel tight in your back too?

*:*cD*:* 33 kids; Indiana 709 posts
15th Dec '11

Could be back labor, I would contact doctor. Your almost at your due date girl. Good luck!

user banned 2 kids; Grand Rapids, Michigan 21095 posts
15th Dec '11

If it is constant it's probably just the way the baby is laying.

Rachael Montgomery Due December 21 (boy); Kentucky 24 posts
15th Dec '11
Quoting LoveMyChloeLane:" does it feel tight in your back too?"

It does in a way but nothing in my stomach. Its been like this since about 11am. :/

Crystal Hamlin Due January 14; 3 kids; Illinois 5 posts
15th Dec '11

try gettin down on all fours and arching ur back up, hold then relax.. Repeat several times thru out day....This always seemed to help me. It took pressure off my lower back and allowed the baby to move positions for a while...

15th Dec '11

Thanks! I may try it.

15th Dec '11
Quoting Rachael Montgomery:" It does in a way but nothing in my stomach. Its been like this since about 11am. :/"

the reason i ask that is cuz thats what i am dealing with right now... it feels like BH but in my back and it hurst bad!!!
andyone else know what thats from??

15th Dec '11

I tried to take some tylenol and just had a contraction! I'm hoping its the real deal. I had some on and off for over a week now but every time they would get regular they stopped and the ones that would last wouldn't be regular. I hope you figure it out as well! & congrats.

15th Dec '11
Quoting Rachael Montgomery:" I tried to take some tylenol and just had a contraction! I'm hoping its the real deal. I had some on ... [snip!] ... get regular they stopped and the ones that would last wouldn't be regular. I hope you figure it out as well! & congrats."

u too girl. keep me upadated please please please

15th Dec '11
Quoting LoveMyChloeLane:" u too girl. keep me upadated please please please"

I will! (=
You do the same.

Angela shaw1 Due June 5 (girl); 18 kids; Mississippi 8 posts
15th Dec '11
Quoting Rachael Montgomery:" I will! (= You do the same."

i would go on in the the hospital and get checked my mom only hunt in her back when she had me and like to have not made it to the hospital in time. when i had my 2nd baby girl i hurt bad in my back went to the hospital and i was already 5cm. i wish you luck i hope you have a easy labor

*:*cD*:* 33 kids; Indiana 709 posts
15th Dec '11
Quoting Angela shaw1:" i would go on in the the hospital and get checked my mom only hunt in her back when she had me and ... [snip!] ... my 2nd baby girl i hurt bad in my back went to the hospital and i was already 5cm. i wish you luck i hope you have a easy labor"

Wow. At 32 weeks my back was hurting really bad (I had the flu & thought it was from getting up & down going to the bath room) & I didnt realize it but it was back labor; come to find out I was having contractions 1 every 10 mins they gave me fluids & I was fine after a few hours. I was Dehydrated which was what was causeing them. They told me if my back did that again to go straight to L&D because some women have back labor & dont realize they are having contractions.

16th Dec '11

I'm still hurting today, So if it doesn't ease up in the next hour or so, I believe i'm going to call my OB. Thanks everyone for the help.