16 weeks and really low baby Katheran Rodgers 2 kids; Silverdale, Washington 140 posts
16th Dec '11

just found out a few days ago we're having a boy (yay) but anymore moving into my question.concern
Im about 16weeks pregnant (going on 17th on sunday) and hes really low. to the point to where walking is really uncomfy and a bit painful. i never had this problem with my little girl not until i was further along. is this normal though? i have to walk slower and would prefer not to have to walk at all.

Mommy/Wifey/Student Due May 12 (boy); 1 child; Morgan City, Louisiana 3057 posts
16th Dec '11
Quoting Katheran Rodgers:" just found out a few days ago we're having a boy (yay) but anymore moving into my question.concern Im ... [snip!] ... girl not until i was further along. is this normal though? i have to walk slower and would prefer not to have to walk at all."

Boys carry lower, so that is how it may be. My son was really low and as soon as he moved, I was in the restroom. I couldn't stand for long because of the lower belly and back pain. Just keep walking slowly, and don't strain your belly.

Harajuku Girl 3 kids; Your House, NY, United States 14051 posts
status 16th Dec '11

At 16 weeks, I think LO is too small to be causing this problem ... maybe it's gas or bloat that's making you feel like you're carrying "so low"?

Not tellin 3 kids; Montana 55983 posts
16th Dec '11

I hardly doubt he is having that much impact at this stage in pregnancy. I will however be inclined to believe that since this is your second pregnancy your body is preparing a little faster. Your body has a memory and will snap back when prompted. You might want to try a little prenatal yoga. It will help ease the uncomfortable and painful issues.

Narcissus 2 kids; 3 angel babies; Marysville, WA, United States 10494 posts
16th Dec '11
Quoting Mommy/Wifie/Student:" Boys carry lower, so that is how it may be. My son was really low and as soon as he moved, I was in ... [snip!] ... I couldn't stand for long because of the lower belly and back pain. Just keep walking slowly, and don't strain your belly. "

Lol, no.

I carried high with my son.

*Kiara AKA Mom* EBF 3 kids; Chicago, Illinois 639 posts
16th Dec '11
Quoting Katheran Rodgers:" just found out a few days ago we're having a boy (yay) but anymore moving into my question.concern Im ... [snip!] ... girl not until i was further along. is this normal though? i have to walk slower and would prefer not to have to walk at all."

YOUR UTERUS IS PROBABLY STRETCHING, AT 16 WEEKS THE BABY IS STILL BELOW YOUR BELLY BUTTON, WITH MY SON I HAD ALL TYPES OF PAINS DOWN BELOW

Katheran Rodgers 2 kids; Silverdale, Washington 140 posts
16th Dec '11

its not gas or bloating cuz i feel just fine, when im laying or sitting down. standing for long periods of time feels like im running a marathon and walking is the worse feeling ever especially when i notice im the one lagging behind everyone else! the lady at the clinic did say he was a pretty long baby for 16 weeks if that matters any. other than keeping it easy i dont think theres much else i can do, ill be sure to ask the dr about it tomorrow if having this issue so early is somehting we should be worried about

*Kiara AKA Mom* EBF 3 kids; Chicago, Illinois 639 posts
16th Dec '11

i still think its just your uterus stretching and that can be very painful

16th Dec '11
Quoting Mommy/Wifie/Student:" Boys carry lower, so that is how it may be. My son was really low and as soon as he moved, I was in ... [snip!] ... I couldn't stand for long because of the lower belly and back pain. Just keep walking slowly, and don't strain your belly. "

WRONG! How you carry has nothing to do with gender but your body type.

Harajuku Girl 3 kids; Your House, NY, United States 14051 posts
status 16th Dec '11
Quoting Katheran Rodgers:" its not gas or bloating cuz i feel just fine, when im laying or sitting down. standing for long periods ... [snip!] ... i can do, ill be sure to ask the dr about it tomorrow if having this issue so early is somehting we should be worried about"

Maybe RLP

16th Dec '11
Quoting Katheran Rodgers:" its not gas or bloating cuz i feel just fine, when im laying or sitting down. standing for long periods ... [snip!] ... i can do, ill be sure to ask the dr about it tomorrow if having this issue so early is somehting we should be worried about"

I guess you didn't like YOGA as an answer.

Liznette Quintero 1 child; Bridgeport, Connecticut 78 posts
16th Dec '11

I carry low and is a girl.:D

Liznette Quintero 1 child; Bridgeport, Connecticut 78 posts
16th Dec '11

I would say is more of "Round ligament pain" It hurts to move your legs even when your in bed....Im having a girl and I carry low.

16th Dec '11
Quoting Liznette Quintero:" I would say is more of "Round ligament pain" It hurts to move your legs even when your in bed....Im having a girl and I carry low."

:!: again, yoga. Very relaxing... lol

Gahhh Due January 29 (boy); 1 child; Muncie, Indiana 21 posts
16th Dec '11

I suffered from that since I was like 20 wks and now I am 34 wks and walking in stores or malls hurts to the point that I want to collapse and give up walking lol. I get the worst pain between my legs ( pelvic bones) and lower back and belly pain. Its just horrible! At night while I shift in bed it also hurts my pelvic area. Doctors told me I had placenta previa but it went away and the pain at 20 wks was from that and my uterus stretching and now they tell me its my pelvic bones seperating and its gotten worse. They tell me to watch out for blood or fluids, also to lay on my left side when i am in pain for 30 mins and drink water.