39 weeks today 7 to 15 min apart contractions shell mama 2 kids; Virginia 90 posts
19th Dec '11

I've been having contractions roughly 7 to 15 mins apart on average since 3 am. Quite uncomfortable not unbearable yet.any one else ben at this stage? How long til labor began for you?

Sarah Haines Whitely 2 kids; Lanesville, Indiana 770 posts
19th Dec '11

I have not been to this stage yet, but it sounds like labor to me. I wouldn't go to the hospital yet because the contractions are not close enough, but definately sounds like labor. Just get stuff ready to go and rest. You may be having your little one today.

shell mama 2 kids; Virginia 90 posts
19th Dec '11

I hope so bc this is exhausting

user banned TTA since Sep 2007; 1 child; Kansas 16909 posts
19th Dec '11

7 to 15 minutes probably isn't labor. Maybe pre-labor.

I had contractions 7-15 mins apart for almost 18 hours. lol

When you get to where it's really hard to breath thru the contractions.....then go to the hospital:)

Travius Rashaad mommie Due December 18 (girl); 1 child; Shreveport, Louisiana 12 posts
19th Dec '11

Mine started around 5 Tuesday morning they become unbearable around 7 that nite i went to emergency room they kept me I was only 2 cm, and had baby at 6:49 am, I was 39 weeks and 2 days

mommy6812 Due February 16 (girl); 2 kids; Ohio 26 posts
19th Dec '11

Mine were 10-12 minutes with my first when they started. I waited for about 2 hrs and went to my scheduled dr app. By the time I got there they were 4-6 minutes apart. Youll know when its time. Just remember to breath and do as much laboring at home as you can, that way when you get to the hospital you have the meds and its smooth sailing from then lol. Good luck to you

19th Dec '11

Thanks everyone! I'm patiently waiting :)

30th Dec '11

well i ended up having her at 9:51 on the 20th the day after i posted this! she was 7 lbs 4 oz..apparently i was in labor! thanks everyone for your comments and support!

WOw123 Beverly Hills, California 131 posts
status 30th Dec '11

<blockquote><b>Quoting shell mama:</b>" well i ended up having her at 9:51 on the 20th the day after i posted this! she was 7 lbs 4 oz..apparently i was in labor! thanks everyone for your comments and support!"</blockquote>

Hello congrats on ur LO I saw ur post and im having the same symptoms like u were having . My contractions are 10 to 15 mins apart and I called hospital and they said sounds like BH and they said to wait until they are 5 mins apart.. My question is if u left at the same time contractions or they got closer? Or ur water break can u please let me know im already stressing it because I know they r far apart contractions they r pretty painful

10th Jan '12

They stayed like that from 3 am , til 8 pm by 8 they were pretty much 5 to ten mins apart