38 weeks 2cm and 90% effaced lost plug AND having contracti Teresa Rostofer Due December 31; Ohio 4 posts
19th Dec '11

Im 38 weeks pregnant and have a question. Last Tuesday I was 1cm and fully thick. On Thursday I lost my mucous plug and immediately started feeling like I was going to start my period. That lasted till Saturday night. Saturday night I started having contractions that will not go away no matter what I do that were 10 min apart. Today (Monday) I thought that my water broke. I went to the Doc and she said my water wasnt broke but I am now 2cm and 90% effaced and that his head is way low and she could feel my water bag and that it was buldging. Ever since I got back from the doc which was 5 hours ago I have been having contractions anywhere from 5-8 min apart and they are getting stronger and I can feel alot of pressure down low. Just wondering if anyone had any news of a baby coming soon. Im also supposed to have a c-section so its a little different than most peoples situations.

MissMaryanne Due January 15 (boy); 34 kids; Siren, Wisconsin 779 posts
19th Dec '11

sounds like your in labor to me.... and 38 weeks is considered full term i believe. my dr told me if i were to have contractions now shed not try to stop them and im only 36 weeks. ... (last week was a diff story tho... took 3 shots to stop it ><). Id give your dr a call and tell em whats going on now.

Heather[AJB]+1 DIVA 4 kids; Kingsport, Tennessee 9612 posts
19th Dec '11

if you have been having contractions since 5 hours ago and they havent let up then I would go into L&D just to see if your progressing.

You're far enough along 37 weeks is full term.

A, E & W's mommy Due October 21; Bulgaria 15280 posts
19th Dec '11

from what little I know about these situations, I've heard that if it's your first baby and you're having a c-sec then you need to go in when they are 4-5 min apart consistently and lasting 1 min or longer. If it's your second or subsequent baby then you go in when they are consistently 5-6 min apart and lasting 45sec to 1 min.

Teresa Rostofer Due December 31; Ohio 4 posts
19th Dec '11

Yea I turned 38 weeks yesterday. I was at the hospital when I was 35 weeks and they stopped my contractions with shots and pills and all kinds of stuff. Thats when I hit 1cm but now its been 2 weeks and a couple days since then

19th Dec '11

Also this is my second pregnancy. Before I had twins and went into labor the last day of my 26th week and finally had to have a csection the first day of my 28th week

A, E & W's mommy Due October 21; Bulgaria 15280 posts
19th Dec '11
Quoting Teresa Rostofer:" Also this is my second pregnancy. Before I had twins and went into labor the last day of my 26th week and finally had to have a csection the first day of my 28th week"

with twins that premature then I should also add that the game changes if you were given a classical insicion to deliver.....then you need to go in sooner as a classical incision is not as able to withstand the contractions.

19th Dec '11

Yea my csection scar is the bikini cut.

Laura-ann 87 1 child; Liverpool, United Kingdom 517 posts
19th Dec '11

37 weeks is classed as full term, oh I cant wait till I'm 38 weeks that will be next friday woooooo ..

Not long now momma .. Good luck ..