39 weeks sharp shooting pain in my vagina Rylon's Mommy[[40 Weeks]] Due December 26 (boy); 48 kids; Akron, Ohio 66 posts
21st Dec '11

I was just at the grocery store and as I was walking I got this sudden shooting pain it felt like in my vagina. It made me stop completely in my tracks and it happened 3times. I am 1.5cm dilated and 50%effaced as of last week. What is this??

Polly Dee 33 kids; La Porte, Indiana 4141 posts
21st Dec '11

Sounds like dilating

blahblahblehblehblah 1 child; Texas 541 posts
21st Dec '11

That is your baby's head putting pressure on your cervix.

Rylon's Mommy[[40 Weeks]] Due December 26 (boy); 48 kids; Akron, Ohio 66 posts
21st Dec '11

I didn't know it was possible to feel dilation. And I thought you only dilate with contractions. This is my first pregnancy and I'm just so confused.

Rylon's Mommy[[40 Weeks]] Due December 26 (boy); 48 kids; Akron, Ohio 66 posts
21st Dec '11

I'm so lost lol. Isn't my sons head always putting pressure on my cervix?

21st Dec '11

<blockquote><b>Quoting Polly Dee:</b>" Sounds like dilating"</blockquote>

Hmm since when can a woman feel dilation?

21st Dec '11

<blockquote><b>Quoting Rylon's Mommy[[39 Weeks]]:</b>" I'm so lost lol. Isn't my sons head always putting pressure on my cervix?"</blockquote>

Lol yes I had those pains your cervix is really sensitive and the pressure he puts on your cervix causes sharp pain.

22nd Dec '11
Quoting Lilith's mommy:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Polly Dee:</b>" Sounds like dilating"</blockquote> Hmm since when can a woman feel dilation?"

That's what my doc told me it was. He said it was baby's head rubbing against my cervix which causes dilation and that causes sharp pains. I don't know. I'm not a doctor but that's what mine told me.

user banned 2 kids; Indiana 12251 posts
22nd Dec '11
Quoting Lilith's mommy:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Polly Dee:</b>" Sounds like dilating"</blockquote> Hmm since when can a woman feel dilation?"

:!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::D

22nd Dec '11
Quoting One Of Each :) *24*:" :!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::D"

Dude I posted an explanation. I'm not a doctor but that's what my doc told me it was when I had those pains. I mean, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Just stating what my doc had told me.

user banned 2 kids; Indiana 12251 posts
22nd Dec '11
Quoting Polly Dee:" Dude I posted an explanation. I'm not a doctor but that's what my doc told me it was when I had those pains. I mean, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Just stating what my doc had told me."

lol i wasn't saying anything about you, dear. i was smiling at what she said because it sounded like something i would say, that's all. a lot of people don't know you can't technically 'feel' yourself dilate. :D

22nd Dec '11
Quoting One Of Each :) *24*:" lol i wasn't saying anything about you, dear. i was smiling at what she said because it sounded like ... [snip!] ... it sounded like something i would say, that's all. a lot of people don't know you can't technically 'feel' yourself dilate. :D"

Yea at least I can laugh at myself. lol It is kinda funny.

Cassandra Lowe Due March 2 (girl); 2 kids; Lawrenceburg, Tennessee 68 posts
25th Feb '12
Quoting
mommy to 2 girls 2 boys 20 kids; Spokane, Washington 585 posts
25th Feb '12
Quoting Rylon's Mommy[[40 Weeks]]:" I was just at the grocery store and as I was walking I got this sudden shooting pain it felt like in ... [snip!] ... made me stop completely in my tracks and it happened 3times. I am 1.5cm dilated and 50%effaced as of last week. What is this??"

I had that with my last and start at 38.5 weeks and my doc said it was from dilating but I tell you that it hurt and it also stopped me in my tracks.