38 weeks 2 days Lost mucus Plug!!! Tweedle 2 kids; Minnesota 1587 posts
7th Apr '08

I am 38 weeks 2 days today- I lost my mucus plug today, I am soo sure thats what it was- since I've never had anything like that before as a discharge and look exactly like what others have explained it to be.. lol anyways- I was at my Dr appt on Friday when I was 38 weeks to the day- I was Dialated 1 cm, 80% effaced and baby was in -2 position.
Now for my question.. lol This is my first child- I was wondering how much longer do you think it'll be- My sisters who have both had kids said they think imma go within 48 hours :shock: I know its possible to walk around and even go past your due date without the mucus plug- but my dr said my lil one is already over 8 lbs- so Im sure hes READY to get outta there- lol Im very nervous and scared all at the same time- So any advice would be nice--

Thank you all for any replies I'll be recieving! :P

asfdasdfasdf Clarksville, Tennessee 5703 posts
7th Apr '08
Quoting Tales610:
Mama Rogers 2 kids; Georgia 15187 posts
7th Apr '08

It really varies. I lost my plug at around 38 weeks, and was induced at 11 days late!

user banned 29 posts
7th Apr '08
Quoting Tales610:
Sarah {Kylie's Mommy} 17 kids; Ocala, Florida 3082 posts
7th Apr '08

I lost my mucus plug around 37-38 weeks, and was also at 1cm and 70% effacement at that time, but I ended up going almost to 40 weeks. I had my daughter one day before her due date, and the only reason I had her then was I was induced, and even after 12 hours of pitocin, I still was stalled at 1cm. You could go tomorrow, or you could go all the way to 42 weeks. Either way, good luck to you :D:D:D

7th Apr '08
Quoting Boy on the way!:
user banned 29 posts
7th Apr '08
Quoting mrs.heimpel:
*-* 2 kids; New Jersey 2712 posts
7th Apr '08
Quoting Boy on the way!:
Amerie&Elodie's Mum&heart 19 kids; Rome, New York 2791 posts
7th Apr '08
Quoting mrs.heimpel:
Mama Rogers 2 kids; Georgia 15187 posts
7th Apr '08
Quoting mrs.heimpel:
Jess`n`Brett+4 52 kids; Centerville, Georgia 2058 posts
7th Apr '08

with my first baby, I lost my plug and didn't have my baby til 5 days later. Of course like the other ladies said, there's really no telling. Some women lose their plug as they are going into labor while others lose it and then carry on past their due dates. But if I had to guess I'd say probably within a week.

camsmommy926 3 kids; Wisconsin 620 posts
7th Apr '08

I am just starting my 37th week with my second boy I lost my plug last week Thursday I believe I don't have my book here that I write it in. Anyways so yeah I have lasted all weekend without it and have been having contractions but nothing time able. Anyways my Midwife told me when I called (both times as I was freaking out and discussed) That they have some people walking around 6 weeks with no plug because your body can remake the plug. She also said that when I get a "bloody show" (Blood coming out) and contractions you know somethings about to start. Tell then just relax and Wait for contractions that are timeable or my water to break. So I guess you can join in the waiting game... Hopefully your s won't be as long as mine is although you are alittle farther along then I am and I want to make it to atleast 38 weeks since with my first son my water broke at 32 weeks and I never had to deal with a plug coming out that I seen!! I liked that alot better the plug thing is just nasty! Ha Anyways good luck and take care!

7th Apr '08
Quoting karin♥'s {dustin}:
kennedys_mom 2 kids; Kentucky 150 posts
7th Apr '08
Quoting Boy on the way!:
McKenna's Mommy 1 child; California 1384 posts
7th Apr '08
Quoting Boy on the way!: