6 month old poop. Snuggle Monster. 2 kids; Washington 13196 posts
11th Jan '12

My son is 6 months but this started when he was 5 months.
he was enflamil enfacare formula and then all a sudden he started having horrible rock hard poops, So I switched him to gentle ease formula and that helped for like a week, Then he started having rock hard poops again and he wouldent poop for days. So then I started giving him prune juice and that helped also for bit but once again he is having horribly hard poops that hurt him and he wont go for days again =[ Anyone know what it could be? Im making him anouther apt but was wondering if anyone has delt with anything similar?

Christen-Mary 2 kids; Wales, Massachusetts 1046 posts
11th Jan '12

my son is 5 months now and i was having tht issue for awhile. the doctor told me to give him more water and if u do jarred food do applesauce once-twice a week. they cant process the sugar so it goes right through them. but id still make an appointment with his doc to get an opinion :) good luck mama

Ri-mans mommy Louisiana 1854 posts
11th Jan '12

we were on gentlease and then switched to enfacare bc LO needed more calories, now he also has HUGE hard poopies.. but before both of those formulas he was on neocate which also caused him to be constipated we tried karo, milk of mag, juice, sapositories (sp?), and then cereal for fiber... the last 3 were the only things that worked

Evaj Garcia Japan 1 posts
29th Jan '12
Quoting Snuggle Monster.:" My son is 6 months but this started when he was 5 months. he was enflamil enfacare formula and then ... [snip!] ... again =[ Anyone know what it could be? Im making him anouther apt but was wondering if anyone has delt with anything similar? "

probieodiks is what i fond has helped. my baby is 6 years now and she still has problems