39 weeks appointment AmbieS2 Due January 11 (girl); 1 child; Vacaville, California 523 posts
18th Jan '12

So my doctor finally did a cervical exam! She said I am 2 cm dilated, and 70% effaced. I'm glad to hear that my body is doing something! When I got home I went to the bathroom and there was a little bit of blood. This is normal right? Just wanted to share my happiness. I know you can be dilated for weeks, but was there any mommas around 39 weeks and 2cm dilated, that had their baby's soon after? I really don't want to go over my due date, but I guess I'll have to wait if he's not ready lol.

Amber Mastin 2 kids; Jackson, Ohio 118 posts
18th Jan '12

a little blood after a cervical check is normal... and it all depends on your body and baby...im 37 and dilated to 5 and have been for a week.. :/

John Mayer. 2 kids; Modesto, California 21992 posts
18th Jan '12

A little bleeding is normal after a check, yes.
I was 3cm for a few weeks. Then at my 39 weeks check up, he checked me and I was at a 4, I had my son the next morning. GL!

AmbieS2 Due January 11 (girl); 1 child; Vacaville, California 523 posts
18th Jan '12
Quoting Amber Mastin:" a little blood after a cervical check is normal... and it all depends on your body and baby...im 37 and dilated to 5 and have been for a week.. :/"

Oh wow!! Already to a 5? I have heard of people walking around dilated for weeks though.

18th Jan '12
Quoting Keyboard Warrior ♥:" A little bleeding is normal after a check, yes. I was 3cm for a few weeks. Then at my 39 weeks check up, he checked me and I was at a 4, I had my son the next morning. GL!"

I figured the bleeding was normal, just needed to make sure. [: Lucky you!

Amber Mastin 2 kids; Jackson, Ohio 118 posts
19th Jan '12
Quoting AmbieS2:" Oh wow!! Already to a 5? I have heard of people walking around dilated for weeks though."

unfortunatly its true... ive been a 5 for a week and a half now..

Tessa Marsh 2 kids; Oregon 97 posts
19th Jan '12

Hey...same due date! Dialation and effacement mean nothing in terms of predicting labor. Nothing really does except your water breaking. Ask your doctor to sweep your membranes at your next visit. If your body is ready then it might help you go into labor. I'm gonna ask tomorrow I think. Might as well give it a try.

19th Jan '12
Quoting Tessa Marsh:" Hey...same due date! Dialation and effacement mean nothing in terms of predicting labor. Nothing really ... [snip!] ... visit. If your body is ready then it might help you go into labor. I'm gonna ask tomorrow I think. Might as well give it a try."

Hopefully we get our babies on time! Did you have your doctor sweep your membranes? I don't go back to see my doctor until my due date, I'll ask her then [:

19th Jan '12

Nah...i was having a bad day so i didnt even have her do a cervical check. I just wanted to get in and out of there. I dont go back til the 27th so i will def. Get it done then. Do you have a guess for your babys birthday? Im very pessimistic about it and am going with a guess of feb 2 for mine.

19th Jan '12
Quoting Tessa Marsh:" Nah...i was having a bad day so i didnt even have her do a cervical check. I just wanted to get in and ... [snip!] ... then. Do you have a guess for your babys birthday? Im very pessimistic about it and am going with a guess of feb 2 for mine."

Awe, sorry you were having a bad day.. I dunno why but I feel weird asking my doctor, but I defiantly will on the 25th.I have been saying Jan 21st for about 4-5 months now. I just have a weird feeling, everything happens on the 21st for me lol. My birthday is Feb 21, I found out I was pregnant May 21, got engaged Sep 21... baby must be here jan 21. Lol. So either the 21st or 29th if he decides to come late.. with my luck he will

20th Jan '12

Ive wanted mine to come that day too just cause 1/21/12 is a cool birthday! Youll have to post on here if it happens! Not much luck for me cause my daughter went past 40 weeks too.

I hope labor starts soon for you!