2-3 cm dilated on and off contractions, any suggestions for Karenne Cardinal Due January 27 (girl); 1 child; Saskatchewan 25 posts
24th Jan '12

i have been 2-3 cm dilated for 4 days or so and contractions keep going and going and leaving any suggestions for labour ive tried castor oil it made contractions but they went.

~~My Pet Wussy~~ 3 kids; USA 23722 posts
24th Jan '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Karenne Cardinal:</b>" i have been 2-3 cm dilated for 4 days or so and contractions keep going and going and leaving any suggestions for labour ive tried castor oil it made contractions but they went."</blockquote>

Did it make you shitty ?

Kelsey + (J and G) 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Fargo, ND, United States 4628 posts
24th Jan '12

Sit back and wait. Enjoy the time you have to yourself.

nursemaya mom to 3! 3 kids; 5 angel babies; Minnesota 16003 posts
24th Jan '12

evening primrose oil and nipple stimulation

Karenne Cardinal Due January 27 (girl); 1 child; Saskatchewan 25 posts
24th Jan '12

lol yes it made me pooop but it wasnt that bad ..not poop like crazy. i only tried 15 ml of it.

Vindictive 50 kids; Switzerland 30558 posts
24th Jan '12

Take a nice long nap. :)

thechelseamonster 2 kids; Colorado 29568 posts
24th Jan '12

Time.
You have a few days before your due date even, and many babies wait past that, because it's just an estimate, after all.

Maybe ask about having your membranes stripped?
and no more caster oil.

Jennybananna 2 kids; Gilbert, AZ, United States 25079 posts
24th Jan '12

Walking and sex. But from someone that has been 3cm since xmas and 4 cm for at least a week with consistent contractions unless your body and baby are ready nothing will work. Just try to relax and enjoy the last few weeks. And unless you are taking the castor oil under a doctors recommendation I wouldnt do it again.

Ashley; Kenley's Mommy! 1 child; Wisconsin 15117 posts
24th Jan '12

Just wait. :) Its almost your DD. I had regular contractions and it took 4 weeks to put me into active labor.

24th Jan '12

well my due date is actually tommorow. and saturday ive had contractions on and off until now. ...its really bugging me lol......i just wanna meet her, thats all. ive tried sex too.and where do u get primrose, and membranes stripped u can do that?

24th Jan '12
Quoting Karenne Cardinal:" well my due date is actually tommorow. and saturday ive had contractions on and off until now. ...its ... [snip!] ... lol......i just wanna meet her, thats all. ive tried sex too.and where do u get primrose, and membranes stripped u can do that?"

Primrose oil does not put you into labor, sorry. It just softens your cervix. And no your doctor strips your membranes. Just wait, you wont be pregnant forever. You still have 2 more weeks.

Jennybananna 2 kids; Gilbert, AZ, United States 25079 posts
24th Jan '12
Quoting Karenne Cardinal:" well my due date is actually tommorow. and saturday ive had contractions on and off until now. ...its ... [snip!] ... lol......i just wanna meet her, thats all. ive tried sex too.and where do u get primrose, and membranes stripped u can do that?"

Your doctor can strip membranes at your next appointment if you ask them.

24th Jan '12

my due date is tommorow actually jan 25th lol

24th Jan '12
Quoting Karenne Cardinal:" my due date is tommorow actually jan 25th lol"

I understand that, but you can still go over due. Just ask your doctor if he/she can strip your membranes!

24th Jan '12

sounds like a good idea, i think i will. tommorow i have a prenatal appt.