38 weeks with high blood pressure. ★Date311161.69 TTC since Sep 2012; 33 kids; Pennsylvania 4000 posts
9th Feb '12

Is it common towards the end of your pregnancy to have higher blood pressure? My last two visits my blood pressure has been around 140/30-40's. (My norm. in the 120 range.) My doctor doesn't seem too concerned, because I don't have any other signs of Pre-E. The first visit it was spiked, I was getting the GBS test done and I was freaked out about that... then this past appt. I was worried about the GBS results.. I am just a huge worry wart... So could this also account for the blood pressure spike? I know I shouldn't be worried, if my doctor isn't worried.. But.. still.. ya know? lol

happybb 50 kids; Ohio 602 posts
9th Feb '12
Quoting *KT&BRI&SOON,RYKER*:" Is it common towards the end of your pregnancy to have higher blood pressure? My last two visits my blood ... [snip!] ... account for the blood pressure spike? I know I shouldn't be worried, if my doctor isn't worried.. But.. still.. ya know? lol"

Mine was up a few weeks ago to 149/90, then it went back down at the next visit to 120/80 and then the last visit it went back up to 142/90 - and nothing really was said to me either, but I didn't have protein in urine or anything either.

MommyShelly 3 kids; Anaheim, California 61 posts
9th Feb '12

In my opinion your fine, I have had two Pre-E pregnancies and am on my third but under blood pressure medication! My first son was 29wks my vitals with him were through the roof 160/200's and my second son was 34wks my vitals with him were 140/150's! I am very high risk this time around!

However you said you were at the end of pregnancy so if your doc seems fine done worry your pretty little head! I think it'll be fine! Your doc's are there to watech out for you and the baby! Hopefully you'll be good!

KeiryAnn Due August 19; 32 kids; Louisiana 169 posts
9th Feb '12

I am only 12 weeks but my BP is already really high. I stay around 130 buy before I got pregnant it was around 98.

★Date311161.69 TTC since Sep 2012; 33 kids; Pennsylvania 4000 posts
9th Feb '12
Quoting happybb:" Mine was up a few weeks ago to 149/90, then it went back down at the next visit to 120/80 and then the ... [snip!] ... it went back up to 142/90 - and nothing really was said to me either, but I didn't have protein in urine or anything either."

I was thinking 2 appts in a row with spiked levels that he would recommend a urine sample.. But yesterday when he told me my results for the GBS test were negative, I did one of those, "Whew" across the forehead- and he told me, "See, you just need to relax about things. lol" I should have asked him to check my blood pressure again before I left.. haha He'll see me next week, so hopefully things will be back to normal. I did sleep like crap the night before. My dog had me up almost every hour to go outside, bc it was getting so warm in the house with the wood stove.. I just wonder if all of those components put together caused my blood pressure to rise. haha

9th Feb '12
Quoting Shellyvickers:" In my opinion your fine, I have had two Pre-E pregnancies and am on my third but under blood pressure ... [snip!] ... pretty little head! I think it'll be fine! Your doc's are there to watech out for you and the baby! Hopefully you'll be good!"

Thank you so much. When the nurse took it first, it was 167/something (Sorry, can't remember. haha) And she was like, "WHOA" and I was like, "YIKES, Can we take that again!?" haha and she did my other arm and that's when she got the 140 reading. So when the doctor came into the room the first thing I said was that I was concerned with the blood pressure and he said we'll watch it, but doesn't feel we need to really do much about it, since I'm due in a few weeks, I assume? I just want everything to be okay with my son, especially during labor and delivery. I think that's what's concerning me the most.

9th Feb '12
Quoting Shellyvickers:" In my opinion your fine, I have had two Pre-E pregnancies and am on my third but under blood pressure ... [snip!] ... pretty little head! I think it'll be fine! Your doc's are there to watech out for you and the baby! Hopefully you'll be good!"

Thank you so much. When the nurse took it first, it was 167/something (Sorry, can't remember. haha) And she was like, "WHOA" and I was like, "YIKES, Can we take that again!?" haha and she did my other arm and that's when she got the 140 reading. So when the doctor came into the room the first thing I said was that I was concerned with the blood pressure and he said we'll watch it, but doesn't feel we need to really do much about it, since I'm due in a few weeks, I assume? I just want everything to be okay with my son, especially during labor and delivery. I think that's what's concerning me the most.

9th Feb '12

Oops, computer sent extras.. lol Sorry