9 weeks pregnant and bleeding a little Blair B 1 child; Pennsylvania 923 posts
19th Feb '12

I was spotting last week when I was 8 weeks pregnant it was light pinkish and I got an ultra sound the next day. My doctor told me everything was good and the heart beat is strong and the bleeding could of been from having intercourse in early pregnancy. So I stopped having intercourse and today i am 9 weeks pregnant and I went to the bathroom and saw blood again it was a brownish color this time and only when I wipe... should I be worried?

jadeebubbles Due February 20 (boy); 1 child; Southampton, United Kingdom 619 posts
19th Feb '12

brown can mean implantation bleeding i dont know what weeks that can occur but its when the egg attatches itself to the uterus wall it can cause a little bleeding

MyCruseBoys! 1 child; Salem, Arkansas 822 posts
19th Feb '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Blair B:</b>" I was spotting last week when I was 8 weeks pregnant it was light pinkish and I got an ultra sound the ... [snip!] ... and I went to the bathroom and saw blood again it was a brownish color this time and only when I wipe... should I be worried?"</blockquote>

Rawr ღ 1 child; New Jersey 768 posts
19th Feb '12

I had some spotting from 6 weeks until about 7 weeks. The first time it was light pink then after that it turned brown I'm almost 12 weeks now and haven't had anything else go on. My doctor tells me it's my body shedding old blood. Many women experience some bleeding in early pregnancy.

MyCruseBoys! 1 child; Salem, Arkansas 822 posts
19th Feb '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Blair B:</b>" I was spotting last week when I was 8 weeks pregnant it was light pinkish and I got an ultra sound the ... [snip!] ... and I went to the bathroom and saw blood again it was a brownish color this time and only when I wipe... should I be worried?"</blockquote>

I would say no I had spotting to and still do at times it can be from over working or sex or anything really as long as you don't have alot and don't have pain in your back or tummy I'd say your fine

Blair B 1 child; Pennsylvania 923 posts
19th Feb '12

implantation happens a little earlier than 9 weeks...

19th Feb '12

okay thanks! that makes me feel better ill still call the doctor just incase

Piecey. Due May 13; 3 kids; K-Town, KL, Germany 64691 posts
status 19th Feb '12
Quoting Blair B:" implantation happens a little earlier than 9 weeks..."

about 5.5-6 weeks earlier

Julie Lyvers Due September 15 (girl); 21 kids; Rosamond, California 530 posts
19th Feb '12

I have been told that spotting is normal but I agree with you call your doctor.. It will make you feel better and relieve the stress that you are feeling.. I am 10 weeks now and have not had spotting.. but after a miscarriage 2 years ago when I found out I was pregnant I started taking it easy and cut off sex LOL.. I am an older mom to be so I am high risk that is why I am being so cautios.

Sawyer Quinns mommy 1 child; Rogers City, Michigan 57 posts
19th Feb '12

i had the same thing happen to me, and i was told it could be implantation bleeding.. and nothing bad happened. i went in for an ultrasound just like you, and everytthing was fine, if i was you, i would call the doctor and tell them you were having bleeding again. they might need to give you a shot (cant remember of what) but it helps. (i didnt need the shot because i have an O+ blood type) id call the doctor and let them know your concerned ;)

AGENT KNOW SO! 2 kids; West Virginia 917 posts
19th Feb '12

i was spotting at 7 weeks it was brown and only when i wipe my doctor said everything was okay and brown blood is old blood!

Julie Lyvers Due September 15 (girl); 21 kids; Rosamond, California 530 posts
19th Feb '12
Quoting Sawyer Quinns mommy:" i had the same thing happen to me, and i was told it could be implantation bleeding.. and nothing bad ... [snip!] ... but it helps. (i didnt need the shot because i have an O+ blood type) id call the doctor and let them know your concerned ;)"

Not sure if your talking the shot for negative blood types but if so it is still to early for that.. Well that is what my doctor told me he said about 23 weeks and I will have one..

Ashley Monroe Due March 9 (boy); Scottsburg, Indiana 31 posts
19th Feb '12
Quoting Blair B:" I was spotting last week when I was 8 weeks pregnant it was light pinkish and I got an ultra sound the ... [snip!] ... and I went to the bathroom and saw blood again it was a brownish color this time and only when I wipe... should I be worried?"

i know how scary this is for you!! i've been there...i started spotting when i was 8 weeks and didnt stop until i was 13..its very scary and stressful. i was in and out of the emergency room the entire time i was also put on bedrest. and i was sooo scared i was going to lose my baby. i will let you know that im 37 weeks pregnant now with my little boy:) spotting can be completely normal in pregnancy. light pink/brown is normal...bright red is not... everything will be fine as long as you are not seeing bright red blood. i know how it feels to go to the bathroom and see that blood.. your heart just sinks...but everything will be fine my dear.

19th Feb '12

Yes it is scary! My doctor told me to stay in bed for now...Im glad to know everything worked out for you and your 37 weeks! That makes me feel much better! It hasnt been red just brownish so I will try to stay calm until my next doctors app. I cant wait to know everything is okay

lovemylittleladies 2 kids; Michigan 1271 posts
19th Feb '12

For those of you with O- it's the rhogam shot and yes you can have it done early. My first pregnancy I had it at the normal 24 wks or something like that. But anytime they are worried about you bleeding and possible cross contamination they will give it to you. I had it this pregnancy at 8wks because I was bleeding and they didn't know why. I am now 17 1/2wks along and no spotting since.